Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 01:36 PM

3 posts, read 5,608 times

Advertisements

Hi All! I am just a few months shy of graduating college and plan to return to the Phoenix area to give my 2 children a better life than here in Pennsylvania. We currently live in a small crappy town and I so miss the large city living. As a child, Mesa was able to give me lots to do and tons of fond memories!...I would like to provide my children with the same opportunities. In the town we currently reside, literally 90% of the population never leaves, never travels, and just sits in dead end jobs, miserable with their own life. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I am looking for apartment complexes in the Mesa/Phoenix area that are kid friendly, safe, and affordable. A 2BR/2 Bath is what I am looking at, not against a 3 Bedroom but I know they cost more and are more difficult to find. I need EXACT ideas on complexes to look into. I am currently paying 750$ rent where I live so somewhere in that range is what I am hoping to pay (700-800). I see review sites but none seem to be accurate or updated. Tons of posts I have seen are from 2011 and older. I am looking for apartment ideas, location ideas, and any advice or info on living in the Greater Phoenix area with 2 younger kids (schools, activities, etc.) It has been a while since I have lived there so I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank You so much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 01:49 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,482 times
I live in Dobson Bay Club off of Longmore / Baseline in Mesa. My rent is $850 a month for a 2/2 descent sized place. It's nice for apartments/condos and quite a bit of families live here. I am personally ready to move onto a house but, this has been a pretty good place for me to live for almost 2 years now. It's a nice gated community on the North side of the Dobson Ranch area. Which, on the Tempe / Mesa border, is pretty centrally located.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM

Thanks so much for the feedback! Exact neighborhood and complex reviews are exactly what I was looking for. I too plan on a moving into a house....just want a year or two in an apartment while the kids are still young to decide exactly where I would want to buy!
Thanks Again!

Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Where will you be working? That's the most important question.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:17 AM

I don't have a job lined up yet. I will be working in the medical field though....so I'm not locked down to a specific area. My husband is able to go anywhere as his business is from home.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:18 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
If you want a great place to live, I suggest "Fountain in the greens" apartments. That place is awesome! One of the few complexes in the valley that includes all utilities, and has a washer/dryer in unit. Not the best neighborhood (14st and Thomas) But very secure.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:59 PM

163 posts, read 207,007 times
I have a 2 BR in Cortona at Dana Park on Val Vista between Baseline and Southern. I've been here 11 months and have no complaints. The units are all renovated and the complex is very quiet. My rent is $900/mo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area