Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 11:34 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,744,599 times

Advertisements

What is humorous is seeing people taking this character seriously.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:37 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,607,287 times
Two clowns who have zero chance of winning the presidency

Old 07-12-2015, 12:31 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
What is humorous is seeing people taking this character seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Two clowns who have zero chance of winning the presidency
Interesting . . . I had similar feelings with the two "empty suits" Obama and Biden.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:10 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
At the risk of being balked at, I agree 100% with Trump about illegal immigration. What I don't like about him is his arrogance. In his speeches & interviews, he makes it clear how wealthy he is, and how much property he owns. Who the hell cares how much of a monopoly he has?! If he gets the nomination, will he be working for the people, or just himself? Even though he's correct about illegal immigration and other things, I see him as too much of a celebrity to be a serious contender for the White House.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:22 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
I guess a meeting between the two of them was unavoidable and is now happening in our midst. We'll probably hear why Hillary Clinton wasn't really born in Arkansas and why profiling minorities should be the basis of police work. Apparently Senator Flake wanted to avoid this whole embarrassment but was rebuked by the local Maricopa Republican chairman who apparently was "thrilled" by the idea. Here we go... I am concerned though that this will just reinforce our fringe reputation and damage Phoenix as a place for business and investments, among other things.
Trump rented a venue and people showed up to see him. Public figures do that. I'm not sure how that speaks negatively about Arizona any more than his primary residence speaks negatively about wherever he calls home. The man is an expert at getting attention and he has done a good job of doing it.

The "fringe" reputation originates with actual events, but has been blown as far out of proportion as possible by the most liberal media outlets that cater to clueless people who deliberately seek the coverage that is slanted to their satisfaction. I work and have a house elsewhere, and I hear the most bizarre, imbecilic statements about Arizona from people around my summer house on a regular basis. They'd rather spend time taking shots at Arizona than acknowledge that their violent city is murdering itself daily, their infrastructure has failed, their state is broke, and that their home grown politicians are the most sleazy scumbags known to mankind. Forget all of that; they'd rather pretend to be an authority on "fringe" wackos in a state 1500 miles away.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:28 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,607,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting . . . I had similar feelings with the two "empty suits" Obama and Biden.
We have been down this road with Trump. Continue to be out of touch if you wish.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:00 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,902,323 times
Please keep this about Arizona or take it over to the Politics forum, please.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:34 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Trump rented a venue and people showed up to see him. Public figures do that. I'm not sure how that speaks negatively about Arizona any more than his primary residence speaks negatively about wherever he calls home. The man is an expert at getting attention and he has done a good job of doing it.

The "fringe" reputation originates with actual events, but has been blown as far out of proportion as possible by the most liberal media outlets that cater to clueless people who deliberately seek the coverage that is slanted to their satisfaction. I work and have a house elsewhere, and I hear the most bizarre, imbecilic statements about Arizona from people around my summer house on a regular basis. They'd rather spend time taking shots at Arizona than acknowledge that their violent city is murdering itself daily, their infrastructure has failed, their state is broke, and that their home grown politicians are the most sleazy scumbags known to mankind. Forget all of that; they'd rather pretend to be an authority on "fringe" wackos in a state 1500 miles away.
Well Said. The sheep/herd are easily misled about things Arizona, and other stereotypes about other states for that matter. And the irony is many have never even been to Arizona. As you are implying, creating a scapegoat for some like Arizona is a convenient method to ignore the squalor in their own city/state. The river of "denial" is a long one for some.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
At the risk of being balked at, I agree 100% with Trump about illegal immigration. What I don't like about him is his arrogance. In his speeches & interviews, he makes it clear how wealthy he is, and how much property he owns. Who the hell cares how much of a monopoly he has?! If he gets the nomination, will he be working for the people, or just himself? Even though he's correct about illegal immigration and other things, I see him as too much of a celebrity to be a serious contender for the White House.
I'm guessing he uses examples about his wealth in his talk in Phoenix and beyond is to convince people he has experience and can manage money/business so he implies he can do the same in gov and manage it successfully. Net/Net he has lots of net worth/positive cash flow and one can't argue this point. In contrast, the clowns running our country for some time now have us in severe negative "net worth". One can't argue this point either.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:24 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
The guy actually tweeted that Phoenix violated its own fire code by allowing 15,000 people into a room for 4,200. Ridiculous lie. Didn't happen Be happy that 4200 and change were there, and that a few thousand more were turned away. Don't let your oversized ego get more out of hand than it already is.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:30 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Sounds like a rather large gathering of angry white men .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
I guess a meeting between the two of them was unavoidable and is now happening in our midst. We'll probably hear why Hillary Clinton wasn't really born in Arkansas and why profiling minorities should be the basis of police work. Apparently Senator Flake wanted to avoid this whole embarrassment but was rebuked by the local Maricopa Republican chairman who apparently was "thrilled" by the idea. Here we go... I am concerned though that this will just reinforce our fringe reputation and damage Phoenix as a place for business and investments, among other things.

Donald Trump Arizona: Anti-immigrant sheriff Joe Arpaio appearing with 2016 candidate in Phoenix Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area