Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 05:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine works in the city planning department and told me that both developments are moving forward.
I was told that Goodyear's plans have been approved and that Presada should start breaking ground within 3-6 months.
This explains all the infrastructure being put in place along Cotton Road from Peoria to Waddell Rd over the last few months. Water mains, power, phone etc have all been or are in the final phase of install.

I guess the 500 acre new home development (Elliott Homes) along Cotton that just broke ground was the signal of the re-start of building out here in the sticks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 06:12 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I was told that Goodyear's plans have been approved and that Presada should start breaking ground within 3-6 months.
Presada is in Surprise...why would Goodyear be approving plans for Presada?

Estrella Falls is the mall that is supposed to be in Goodyear. I can't believe both projects would move forward at the same time.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:45 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,628,471 times
Yes, Prasada is in Surprise. Also, multiple articles from several years back, when both malls were actually viable, stated that Prasada would not begin construction until Estrella Falls was already open. I highly doubt either project is going anywhere. Aside from a few exceptions in the Valley, malls are outdated. Why are we planning for what would likely become another Fiesta, Thomas, Metrocenter, Christown, Desert Sky in 20 years?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:36 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Presada is in Surprise...why would Goodyear be approving plans for Presada?

Estrella Falls is the mall that is supposed to be in Goodyear. I can't believe both projects would move forward at the same time.
It's Prasada not Presada. But I agree with your point. What does Goodyear have to do with Prasada?

Old 09-04-2015, 10:01 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
I doubt we will see the malls in anything like was planned a few years ago. The Estrella Falls Marketplace which is a retail and restaurant complex near the mall site is gradually getting tenants. Harkins was supposed to be an anchor at the mall and they are building their 78,000 square foot, 16 screen and cine capri building now - without the mall. It should open in early 16. This is pretty much what we are going to see. A large shopping area in the intersection of the 10 and 303 but not an indoor mall.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:52 PM

123 posts, read 175,436 times
I feel like these projects have fallen the way Lake Pleasant Towne Center did, where what was supposed to be a major regional shopping center turned into nothing but a huge power center and a bunch of (mostly empty) surface parking. The developers are stuck in the pre-recession mindset where lifeless big box stores and chain restaurants on pad sites are the best answer (no matter how much they are "spruced up" with stone facades and earth tones). These developments are nothing but repeated copies of dozens of similar retail developments in the valley and in the Southwest. Unless the developers modify their approach to the projects, they are both destined for failure. Unfortunately, the land will go to waste as yet another ginormous parking lot ringed with, well, big boxes and strip malls. I'd hate to see that in a post recession age in which we have seen Phoenix and it's suburbs mature in terms of growth and development.

For reference, here are relatively current overheads of the sites.

Estrella Falls

Prasada

Old 09-05-2015, 05:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's Prasada not Presada. But I agree with your point. What does Goodyear have to do with Prasada?
I never indicated which planning department my friend works at. Secondly, the planning departments know and talk to each other about what's going on.

Harkins @ Goodyear Mall has started up and as I said before the rest of it has been signed off on. As for Prasada (sorry, hadn't had my coffee at the time) I am told WILL break ground sometime in the next 3-6 months. Probably the Super Target but I've not been told that for sure (yet).
I agree that unless there are some big changes most likely Prasada will be a rather large power center with their mixed housing development slated for the section bordered by Cotton/Perryville/Peoria/Cactus roads.
They "may" just make some of it indoor as it's a large swath of land, I guess time will tell... I will try and pry some more detailed info from my friend to see what's now on the books at Prasada.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:15 PM

123 posts, read 175,436 times
Looking forward to it. Keep us updated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area