Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 05:04 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,771 times

Advertisements

Can some please explain to me what the big deal is. It's just a word. It's just young people. EVERY person at my high school says that word to their friends. Who even know if it was meant to be rude? And if it was who cares? It's just a word! What about free speech? Or can people not handle that? This country is full of a bunch of people that are cry babies. Grow up people.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:09 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle4321 View Post
can some please explain to me what the big deal is. It's just a word. It's just young people. Every person at my high school says that word to their friends. Who even know if it was meant to be rude? And if it was who cares? It's just a word! What about free speech? Or can people not handle that? This country is full of a bunch of people that are cry babies. Grow up people.
exactly!

Old 01-23-2016, 05:16 PM

416 posts, read 588,644 times
It was in poor taste. Am I surprised that this came from Desert Vista? Nope. Lot of insulated upper-middle class to rich kids (not all, but there are a lot - it feeds from Ahwatukee mostly) who think "edgy" things like this are funny.

What a pack of idiots. Parents aren't parenting, that's for sure.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:41 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
If you aren't smart enough to understand the difference or nuance in general then you deserve the pain the world will deliver to you
Wow. You sound like a fantastic person who is probably a ray of sunshine to most. Why not look in the mirror why you say that?
Well, just another keyboard warrior. I guess it struck a nerve with you in such a way to wish that upon me.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:42 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
The Politically Correct just don't get it. This controversy isn't about simple racism; it's about a self-appointed elite getting their panties in a wad because their definition of unacceptable behavior isn't forced on everybody else. And because they're getting more desperate every day, they're bringing their tactics down to the high school level.

Their poster child (whose upbringing, BTW, is nothing like that of the vast majority of African-Americans), has occupied the White House for seven years -- and still takes most of his counsel from either Chicago grafters or Europhiles in the academic world. Neither Trump, nor Sanders, nor bungling Hillary can offer anything better; the former claims to "tell it like it is", but omits some unpleasant economic truths; the latter two just pour old snake oil into new bottles. The opposition party knows that the deck is stacked against real progress, but a nation drawn to personality doesn't want to understand why. The façade of Political Correctness and faux concern will continue to crumble, and real progress will continue to inch along amid the grit and sweat of the working world where most of us, and most of those teenagers, will end up soon enough.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-23-2016 at 06:13 PM..

Old 01-23-2016, 08:03 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,807,148 times
As a African American female, I take offense to it. It was very ignorant what they did. These young ladies know right from wrong and to act like they didn't know that what they were doing would be offensive is crap. Personally, I think the punishment should have been a little more severe. Reap what you sow.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:45 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
As a African American female, I take offense to it. It was very ignorant what they did. These young ladies know right from wrong and to act like they didn't know that what they were doing would be offensive is crap. Personally, I think the punishment should have been a little more severe. Reap what you sow.
More severe then a 5 day suspension for a WORD that wasn't even spoken but was letters on a shirt in a picture? Not to mention, wasn't even directed at anyone.

What they did was stupid and they should have not have done it. However, it deserved a harsh talking to from school officials and their parents and that should have been the end of it.

This thread is a perfect example of what is going wrong in this country.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:12 PM

It's a disgusting display of poor judgement, these girls deliberately spelled out an offensive racial epithet, not an innocent "fun" act.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:19 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
It's a disgusting display of poor judgement, these girls deliberately spelled out an offensive racial epithet, not an innocent "fun" act.
Are you offended when rappers say it in their lyrics? Would you have been offended if it were black kids who did this?

Old 01-23-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Are you offended when rappers say it in their lyrics? Would you have been offended if it were black kids who did this?
It's all offensive, the N word, when rapper call women B's and H's, and when black people call white people names as well, which I will not mention, but mostly everyone know what the offensive terms to Caucasians are. It all comes down to any form of prejudice is taught. You are not born with it. Shame on the parents!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area