Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 06:06 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,165,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
i went to the one on indian school road and it was not good....SMH. I expected better.
I believe that when someone builds up your expectations, often that downgrades what you perceive. Meaning if no one ever told you how great it was, you would be more delighted without knowing about all of the buzz. That happens to me with movies or vacations or ___________.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 07:48 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,468 times
Remember Lou Mal's from Schaumburg as well. Mouth watering deliciousness. That butter-cormeal dusted crust...

Old 08-23-2018, 07:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Pizza, schmizza!😫

I realize this would require a totally 'nuther thread, but what we really need here (in the Great Southwest) is a bona fide TACO debate!

Here's MY take... and I ain't saying I'm C-D's Taco connoisseur or nuthin' like that...

Numero uno? Del Taco!

Coming in a close second? Taco Bell!

After that, everybody else's so-called "taco" is a distant THIRD, and woefully lacking in taste, if not lacking in audacity!

However... I could be wrong. It's only my opinion, and I have been wrong before...
As a dually licensed and registered Taco Judge (yes, there is a Taco Competition in AZ) as well as BBQ Judge (multiple orgs) I must tell you that you're incorrect. Look up the Taco Festival if interested.

I do have to say the one Taco that made me had a Quail egg on top. It was good but just a bit much?
Yes, yes it was...

Old 08-23-2018, 08:38 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I believe that when someone builds up your expectations, often that downgrades what you perceive. Meaning if no one ever told you how great it was, you would be more delighted without knowing about all of the buzz. That happens to me with movies or vacations or ___________.
No, it's that they genuinely serve an inferior product at that take-out location. See my post above.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:54 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
No, it's that they genuinely serve an inferior product at that take-out location. See my post above.

Dumb move. They're damaging their brand. I'm pretty sure not everyone in Phoenix is from Chicago. (Just the people on the freeway at any given time. )

Old 08-23-2018, 09:28 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
It took over half of Kitchen 56's space and it's terrible. That location is carry-out only and I think they just reheat the grocery store type frozen Malnati's pies. We got over $100 in pizzas from there to take to a friend's place nearby and they were consistently bad. I like the full-service restaurant one in the Uptown Plaza though.
Bummer. Those carry-out only places perturb me. Not sure why, but they do.

The Uptown Plaza location Ive been to 3 times, and its always good. I was just there the other night when The Cubs' Bote hit that bottom-of-the-9th, bases loaded, 3-2 count, walk off Grand Slam against the Nats. The place erupted. Felt like I was back in Chicago.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, another Chicago subject, but we're talking about Chicago pizza so its cool this time, right?

Old 08-23-2018, 09:31 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Bummer. Those carry-out only places perturb me. Not sure why, but they do.

The Uptown Plaza location Ive been to 3 times, and its always good. I was just there the other night when The Cubs' Bote hit that bottom-of-the-9th, bases loaded, 3-2 count, walk off Grand Slam against the Nats. The place erupted. Felt like I was back in Chicago.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, another Chicago subject, but we're talking about Chicago pizza so its cool this time, right?
On the bright side, I was up at a dealership across the street from the new location recently and it looks large and REALLY nice. It seems like it will be comparable to Uptown.

How does Gino's compare? There's one on Indian School too.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:43 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
On the bright side, I was up at a dealership across the street from the new location recently and it looks large and REALLY nice. It seems like it will be comparable to Uptown.

How does Gino's compare? There's one on Indian School too.
Are you talking about the one being built up near Scottsdale and Mayo? Up near the Penske Auto Mall?

I like Gino's better, but deep dish only. I eat the thin buttercrust at Lou's, which I prefer over Gino's thin crust. Gino's sauce is more authentic (and on the top of the pizza), and I like their cheese much more. Lou's does a better buttercrust for sure, and their toppings seem just a shade fresher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area