Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 08:56 AM

323 posts, read 346,810 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband and I finally found a rental home and are super excited to get moved in and settled in north Phoenix (Desert Ridge area).

Some of our furniture did not survive the move from New England so we need to begin shopping for furniture (mostly living room items) soon. I know there's a ton of furniture places in town, but thought I would ask the experts to find out where you shop for your furniture.

What places should we check out? Where do you find good quality at a reasonable price? What are your favorites?

Look forward to your responses!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 09:10 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,369,809 times
Living Spaces on Frank Lloyd Wright and Scottsdale Rd. is pretty close to you and I have found that they are more stylish/contemporary than most other mass-market furniture retailers. They advertise on TV occasionally so should have a decent website. They're the first place I'd point most people because the prices are really solid for what you're getting. They're quite large so worth a look around.

I personally bought a lot of things at Ladlow's which is also massive and just south of FL Wright on Scottsdale Road. If they are still open -- the internet seems to say they are -- they have a tremendous variety of items. Prices will vary, the store is kind of broken up into different sections by style / designer.

Pruitt's down on Thomas Rd in east Phoenix is an institution, they have a huge selection and a wide variety of price ranges and some of their items, the prices are really hard to beat. I also recommend them.

For where you're living, I'd say just do a targeted search for furniture stores in the FL Wright/Airpark area, there are literally dozens of furniture stores in that immediate area from the most value-oriented (Ashley Furniture) to the mid-market and more upscale, Ethan Allen, Copenhagen, Parnian Furniture, etc etc.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:11 AM

639 posts, read 973,508 times
Welcome!

We have gotten a lot at Mor furniture. We're from New England too, we find Mor to be similar to Raymour and Flanagan, if that helps for comparison.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:22 AM

Thanks so much! This is very helpful! I did a cursory search last night and found so many I didn't even know where to start so I figured I pop over here and check with y'all.

Sandy6879 - what part of New England are you from? We moved here from the seacoast area of New Hampshire. We were up there for a couple of years for work and couldn't deal with the winters (especially after coming from Texas where we never saw snow) haha.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:29 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,960,760 times
My last bit of furniture I bought at Amercan Furniture Warehouse. There is a west valley and east valley location. They have the largest show room I have ever seen, you could spend hours there. The selection and prices were unbeatable. our couches from there are two years old now and still look brand new with two young children!

Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,369,809 times
As you can already tell from this thread TxHeather, Phoenix has a TON of furniture stores. I used to do some work for a furniture store owner and he said this is an extremely competitive market for furniture. The recession put a lot of furniture stores out of business but a lot of the chains held on and are now doing well again.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 AM

Awesome - thank you! My husband actually just texted me to check out American Furniture Warehouse and Mega Furniture (he saw signs) haha.

Love having such a large selection. Definitely makes the process easier.

Thank you again!

Old 11-05-2015, 09:49 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,619,598 times
There's Ikea for household items as well. What style?

Old 11-05-2015, 09:56 AM

We tend to like the comfortable, casual look. Like the kind of furniture you can just sink into and feel "ahhhh." I like the looks of Ikea's household items, but not sure if it's as cushy as we like.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:04 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,960,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHeather View Post
Awesome - thank you! My husband actually just texted me to check out American Furniture Warehouse and Mega Furniture (he saw signs) haha.

Love having such a large selection. Definitely makes the process easier.

Thank you again!
I bought a dining room table from Mega Furniture several years back and was disappointed. The delivery fee was crazy high, they did a bad job of putting it together as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area