Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 07:02 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,983 times

Advertisements

wow, so many folks in such a hurry...slow down, chill out when driving, you'll live longer, and you'll get to where you want to in about the same amount of time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 07:20 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
You are living in the land of the transplants and some states require people to stop if a pedestrian is in the crosswalk at any point. Getting upset over a lost 10 seconds isn't really worth it though is it? Unless you are trying to save someone's life you aren't that important, calm down.
Too many irrate drivers that seem to think they'll gain "all this extra time" if they drive faster.
Studies show what.. at best.. you gain a fraction of a second.

These same people could add years to their lives by taking a time management class and eliminate the stress they're putting themselves under while driving.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:21 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
No, I think it is a mid-west thing.
Wha?!?! No.

I know what the OP is referring to, and its quite frustrating, but not as bad as the freaking idiots who just CANT stand to be behind another car at a light, so they get over into the right line and block the cars behind from being able to make a right turn on a red. I see that allllllllll the time here and that's what makes my blood boil to no end. It never fails! Ill be approaching a red light, needing to make a right turn onto a street, and there will be two cars in the left lane. As I get closer, the second car will dart out into the right lane and sit there, leaving me no choice but to wait the entire light cycle because there is no turn lane.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:33 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,734,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Wha?!?! No.

I know what the OP is referring to, and its quite frustrating, but not as bad as the freaking idiots who just CANT stand to be behind another car at a light, so they get over into the right line and block the cars behind from being able to make a right turn on a red. I see that allllllllll the time here and that's what makes my blood boil to no end. It never fails! Ill be approaching a red light, needing to make a right turn onto a street, and there will be two cars in the left lane. As I get closer, the second car will dart out into the right lane and sit there, leaving me no choice but to wait the entire light cycle because there is no turn lane.
All this "boiling blood" talk makes me even happier about choosing to live close by work and entertainment options and pedaling into work often. It's pretty nice cruising along town lake and watching the sun rise over the water as it reflects of the glass mid-rises on the shore, I'll snap a few pics next time.

You arrive at work energized, relaxed and ready to deal with the day. On days I drive in I hit a total of 4 red lights but only 2 is involve turns and they both actually have dedicated turn lanes, so this stuff is a rarity for me but I do know what you mean and it's very annoying.

Seems like an option that could work for you until it gets warm, if I recall you bike regularly no?

Old 03-31-2017, 08:53 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
All this "boiling blood" talk makes me even happier about choosing to live close by work and entertainment options and pedaling into work often. It's pretty nice cruising along town lake and watching the sun rise over the water as it reflects of the glass mid-rises on the shore, I'll snap a few pics next time.

You arrive at work energized, relaxed and ready to deal with the day. On days I drive in I hit a total of 4 red lights but only 2 is involve turns and they both actually have dedicated turn lanes, so this stuff is a rarity for me but I do know what you mean and it's very annoying.

Seems like an option that could work for you until it gets warm, if I recall you bike regularly no?
I do, but there's no good option to get to my work w/o having to ride surface streets and, uh, SCREW THAT. Plus, my commute is 18 miles one way, I'm not sure I'd be happy doing that in the summer, especially when I get off work at 4 PM.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:58 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I do, but there's no good option to get to my work w/o having to ride surface streets and, uh, SCREW THAT. Plus, my commute is 18 miles one way, I'm not sure I'd be happy doing that in the summer, especially when I get off work at 4 PM.
Excuses, excuses, CATS! Cry me a river!

(kidding!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area