Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 10:56 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
It would be one thing if you had just completed a project or something and were trying to sell off stuff aquired in that process, however, it seems you are basically running a business out of your driveway with no end in site for your neighbors.

IMHO you have a responsibility to store this stuff out of sight in a manner that doesn't impact your neighbors.
This is why some CCRs are good. I sure wouldn't want to live next to this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 11:01 AM

494 posts, read 501,403 times
The way that I read the code is that it applies to the pallets stored outside of the trailer. Loading the pallets on to the trailer may solve your problem. Yet, I'm not clear on how "personal property" is defined. Is a car personal property? A motorcycle? The trailer has a current registration, correct?

With that said, I agree with others and would not want to see that in my neighborhood.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:04 AM

53 posts, read 140,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick85395 View Post
The way that I read the code is that it applies to the pallets stored outside of the trailer. Loading the pallets on to the trailer may solve your problem. The trailer has a current registration, correct?
Yes it is registered and is actually used every few days so its also moved around often.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
This is why some CCRs are good. I sure wouldn't want to live next to this guy.
Trust me, you could have a lot worse of a neighbor than me If a trailer with a tarp on it bothers you and not an RV or boat, then I wouldn't know what to tell you except to move to an HOA enforced neighborhood.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:09 AM

494 posts, read 501,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGrand View Post
Yes it is registered and is actually used every few days so its also moved around often.
Then, I'd try to understand how how the code defines "personal property."

Old 06-27-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick85395 View Post
Then, I'd try to understand how how the code defines "personal property."

Thank you for the help, its appreciated.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:27 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
If a trailer with a tarp on it bothers you
But there isn't a tarp, is there, or you wouldn't have been reported.

You selling pallets from your driveway is what I would not appreciate.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:39 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
I believe it was this:

Outside storage
Phoenix City Code Chapter 39, Sec. 39-H
Outside storage of personal property at residentially zoned properties is limited to the rear yard behind the primary structure only. Any building or landscaping materials for use on the property, machinery, appliances or parts/auto parts may not be visible from beyond the boundaries of a residentially zoned property. Outdoor storage of items for commercial or business use at a residential property is not allowed. There are specific regulations that apply to outdoor storage and use on properties zoned for other than residential use that vary by zoning district.

Selling them off your driveway sounds like a "commercial or business use" to me, tarp or no tarp. Find another place to put them that complies with the code.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
But there isn't a tarp, is there, or you wouldn't have been reported.

You selling pallets from your driveway is what I would not appreciate.

I'm saying I will tarp it in the future.

Also, who said I was selling it in my driveway? The trailer is just stored in the driveway.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:54 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,606,794 times
OP, there are all of those rules because you live in an area where the powers that be value "aesthetics" -- here is a definition:

aes·thet·ic
esˈTHedik/
adjective
adjective: aesthetic; adjective: esthetic

concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty.
"the pictures give great aesthetic pleasure"
giving or designed to give pleasure through beauty; of pleasing appearance.
synonyms: artistic, tasteful, in good taste; More
graceful, elegant, exquisite, beautiful, attractive, pleasing, lovely
"several aesthetic gardens radiate from the fountain in the square"

noun
noun: aesthetic; plural noun: aesthetics; noun: esthetic; plural noun: esthetics

a set of principles underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement.
"the Cubist aesthetic"

------------------------------------------------
It's important that you understand this concept if you want to fly under the radar in that area.

People aren't going to ignore your trailer, no matter what color of tarp you put on it. To have a successful business, you might consider finding another place, like a storage unit, to store the trailer and the pallets. And then have people come there when you want to sell pallets.

I admit that this arrangement will cut into your bottom line but so will fines.

Longer term, you should probably consider finding another place to live where neighbors/zoning doesn't care about aesthetics.

And, for the record, I'm on your side: I would hate all those crap rules and having to always worry about whether someone is going to turn me in, so I don't live in a place like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area