Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 12:07 PM

550 posts, read 1,130,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
All La Quinta and Red Roof inns are 100% pet friendly. I think 100% of the units include a microwave and mini fridges. Want something nicer? Scottsdale Resort is pet friendly. The Wyndham Suites in Tempe is pet friendly with kitchen facilities.

There is no good reason to put your dogs thru the risk and discomfort of boarding them,
Yes, but most of those motels/hotels don't want you to leave the dog/dogs in the rooms alone. Or they may ask that the dogs are kept in a crate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 01:00 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,632,368 times
In PHX, only the Red Roof Plus properties have microwave/fridges in all rooms. In the regular Red Roof Inns, it's an upgrade you pay for. I believe the Tempe location and Westside location are Plus properties. The central location on Black Canyon Frwy is not a plus location.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:32 PM

19,456 posts, read 27,925,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Yes, but most of those motels/hotels don't want you to leave the dog/dogs in the rooms alone. Or they may ask that the dogs are kept in a crate.
I wouldn't even consider leaving my dog in a motel room without him being in a crate! I mean, how do you know if/when maintenance or housekeeping is going to come into the room? Why risk having your dog scoot out the door when a crate keeps him/her safe? SMH

Old 09-04-2017, 02:45 PM

550 posts, read 1,130,045 times
Quote:
I wouldn't even consider leaving my dog in a motel room without him being in a crate! I mean, how do you know if/when maintenance or housekeeping is going to come into the room? Why risk having your dog scoot out the door when a crate keeps him/her safe? SMH
Exactly. I know a case that happened in Phoenix. The dog, a maltese, was kept in a crate in the room. The cleaning lady came in and felt sorry for the dog and let him out. Another cleaning lady comes and opens the door to talk and the dog bolts out. They had the dog on the video running out to the parking lot. The dog had a collar with tags. He was found by a lady in a parking lot and the collar was gone. Since it was a week-end she had to wait to Monday to bring him to a vet to check for a microchip. With the microchip they found the owner.

So definitely, I will NEVER live my dog in a hotel room by himself.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:26 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,323,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Exactly. I know a case that happened in Phoenix. The dog, a maltese, was kept in a crate in the room. The cleaning lady came in and felt sorry for the dog and let him out. Another cleaning lady comes and opens the door to talk and the dog bolts out. They had the dog on the video running out to the parking lot. The dog had a collar with tags. He was found by a lady in a parking lot and the collar was gone. Since it was a week-end she had to wait to Monday to bring him to a vet to check for a microchip. With the microchip they found the owner.

So definitely, I will NEVER live my dog in a hotel room by himself.
Leaving them for a short time, in a crate, with the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door should be fine. Do not allow housekeeping or anyone else to access the room while you are gone.

Crating a dog is not a bad thing. With proper training they usually love it.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:43 PM

19,456 posts, read 27,925,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Leaving them for a short time, in a crate, with the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door should be fine. Do not allow housekeeping or anyone else to access the room while you are gone.

Crating a dog is not a bad thing. With proper training they usually love it.
ABSOLUTELY. Makes me nuts when people say crate training is cruel. It's a matter of safety for the dog in certain situations, like hotel rooms, cars (with dogs who are anxious about riding in a car), puppies left at home who may chew through electric cords, etc. etc. etc.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:54 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,323,044 times
Quote:
ABSOLUTELY. Makes me nuts when people say crate training is cruel. It's a matter of safety for the dog in certain situations, like hotel rooms, cars (with dogs who are anxious about riding in a car), puppies left at home who may chew through electric cords, etc. etc. etc.
My dogs are fine being crated. It's their den, their safe place. One of both of them often sleeps in there by choice (assuming a cat hasn't beat them to it!) I have a car seat for my dogs for car rides. it's a bucket that hooks of the passenger seat headrest and it has 2 hooks to strap them in. Much safer for them, and me, because at least one of them would want to crawl all over me while I was driving. (they are small)

Crated dogs are fine in hotel/extended stay rooms. Better than a kennel. If nothing else, maybe look for a doggie day care to take them to during the day but keep them with you at night. They get some socialization with other dogs and exercise but get to be home with you in the evenings. Much less stressful and less expensive than straight up boarding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area