Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 10:11 AM

576 posts, read 831,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I didn't read the whole thread, but if you've got free tuition anywhere, take it. Regardless of where you're living or if it takes a little longer. You're young - in the big picture, few years living someplace you don't like is nothing. But being buried in student debt? That's a long, ugly monkey on your back.

I also suspect that the type of RN licensure is different from this 2 year private school
Versus the longer (probably bachelor's degree) program. Take a minute and look at the job opportunities and salaries for both - look at long term and short term prospects. You'll end up in the longer program if you have ambition and/or a desire for a higher salary.

This one is a no Brainer.

Benjamin Franklin said "An investment in knowledge always pays the best dividend". In your case, it sounds like that investment could be free. Talk about bang for the buck! You will NEVER regret getting a good education, you will probably at some point in your life, regret not getting an education.

Go to Tuscon with determination and wide eyed exuberance! Avail yourself of this outstanding opportunity that very few people get, see it through to the end, and then a whole world of opportunities will be available to you!

Best wishes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 10:38 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Confused. Is your Dad in Tucson or back in Oregon?

Old 09-16-2017, 10:46 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Yes, that was NEVER clear. My guess the "down there" meant her Dad teaches in Tuscon. Oh, and another thing...don't you just love people who post something on here and then don't bother to check back to respond? LOL. Ok, I know it's only been a day, but still...

Old 09-16-2017, 11:49 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
..don't you just love people who post something on here and then don't bother to check back to respond? LOL. Ok, I know it's only been a day, but still...
Lets be honest; posting a requesting for life assistance on a random internet forum is strange in itself..

Old 09-16-2017, 03:08 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,090,462 times
Quote:
I didn't read the whole thread, but if you've got free tuition anywhere, take it. Regardless of where you're living or if it takes a little longer. You're young - in the big picture, few years living someplace you don't like is nothing. But being buried in student debt? That's a long, ugly monkey on your back.

I also suspect that the type of RN licensure is different from this 2 year private school
Versus the longer (probably bachelor's degree) program. Take a minute and look at the job opportunities and salaries for both - look at long term and short term prospects. You'll end up in the longer program if you have ambition and/or a desire for a higher salary.

This one is a no Brainer.
Agree

Old 09-16-2017, 03:14 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,090,462 times
Quote:
This is why I deleted my first post. Free college in Tucson? Take it. Free college in OR? Go back home & take it.

Whenever the education is free, assuming the quality is comparable, go there. If you don't have a way to support yourself in the free education place, that could be a different story, but OP might not have that problem.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:23 PM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Does it matter? Where every he is getting the free tuition should be where he goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Lets be honest; posting a requesting for life assistance on a random internet forum is strange in itself..
Respectfully, I disagree. We look up medical information on the internet all the time. We look up legal information all the time. We look for homes on the internet. On City Data, one of the most valuable things is relocation advice. I'd call moving to another city or another state and asking for help and information "life assistance."

Sometimes asking opinions and advice from strangers is much better than asking friends and family. Strangers are objective. Friends and family are subjective.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:54 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
Quote:

Respectfully, I disagree. We look up medical information on the internet all the time. We look up legal information all the time. We look for homes on the internet. On City Data, one of the most valuable things is relocation advice. I'd call moving to another city or another state and asking for help and information "life assistance."

Sometimes asking opinions and advice from strangers is much better than asking friends and family. Strangers are objective. Friends and family are subjective.
Agree; although medical info that I tend to look up is for objective, fact based questions, not the subjective type, of which I believe this person is asking for..

And yes, relocation suggestions were very valuable for us before we moved out to Zona..Although, for me, and how I live my life, I make my own decisions, for the most part, and rarely change them based on something I read on a internet forum..
Strangers can be objective, but they can also be very nasty, as anyone who has spent serious time on this forum and many others can attest to..

Old 09-16-2017, 04:04 PM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Agree; although medical info that I tend to look up is for objective, fact based questions, not the subjective type, of which I believe this person is asking for..

And yes, relocation suggestions were very valuable for us before we moved out to Zona..Although, for me, and how I live my life, I make my own decisions, for the most part, and rarely change them based on something I read on a internet forum..
Strangers can be objective, but they can also be very nasty, as anyone who has spent serious time on this forum and many others can attest to..
All true - and, in fact, we probably agree more than we disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area