Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 02:09 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times

Advertisements

I rented a house when I first moved here and had no problems with two dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 02:20 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
It wouldn’t make sense logistically nor budget-wise, but my N Scottsdale neighborhood has tons of kids that play outside all year. You’ll find that environment if you look for it. I think you’ll need to consider what you really want out of “small town feel”. Gilbert is just a standard middle-class ‘burb that you’ll find in Anytown USA. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing particularly interesting either. Those looking for “small town” will likely find it too large and congested.

Well, there's an older part of Gilbert with larger lots that is much less congested. Don't know what the rents are there, though.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:15 PM

79 posts, read 113,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Good luck with the kids going out and playing anywhere really. I lived in a gated community not long ago and the kids didn't really go out and play much there either.

Not sure if it is the kids or the parents but when I was growing up we spent all day every day outside (I'm 32 and grew up at 51st & Encanto). That was until we had video games anyway then all my friends just hung out inside playing games.

I agree! I very much think its the parents...most of the time. ;0)

Old 12-03-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I have a ton of kids that play outside in my neighborhood (too many actually). There is a pack of like 15-20 that are always playing basketball, riding bikes, scooters, throwing the football, etc. I like seeing kids playing but the amount in my neighborhood makes me concerned that they will get bored and get into mischief at some point.

I live in Goodyear so that is on the opposite side of the valley from where the OP will be working but don't let people tell you kids don't play outside here.

I hope so, Thank you!

Old 12-03-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I think you will easily find what you want, but your choices will be SERIOUSLY limited because you have two dogs. If either of those dogs are so-called dangerous breeds, it's going to be an even bigger problem. If it's a private owner, mention the military family thing - that might create a little goodwill from the landlord.

Personally, with a 3 year old, I'd suggest no pool.

Thank you and your entire family for your service.

Thank you! Our dogs are a little maltese mix (service dog) and a Golden Retriever. I hope it doesn't end up being too hard. No worries, we would NEVER leave them unsupervised and we have an alarm that lets us know whenever someone opens the doors. However, we plan to take extra precautions.Thanks for the reminder

Old 12-03-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I rented a house when I first moved here and had no problems with two dogs.

Yay!

Old 12-03-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, there's an older part of Gilbert with larger lots that is much less congested. Don't know what the rents are there, though.

Thank you both. So far, we are loving what we see and look for in Gilbert. But, we are still open to areas of Chandler or even Queen Creek. I do hear that Queen Creek is a little bit isolated, and after living here in CA and people being so not friendly, we are ready to meet other families and make long-lasting friendships.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:41 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mina21 View Post
Hello everyone!

We are a married couple in our 30's with 3 children ages 9, 7 and 3 and 2 dogs. We are looking for the best elementary/middle schools and safest, family FRIENDLY neighborhoods to live in. My husband's office would be in QC but we are open to living 15-20 miles away. How's traffic? Hopefully it does not compare to the Los Angeles, CA traffic

Few facts:

-Military Family
-Originally from Puerto Rico
-Currently in a great neighborhood in CA (but seems as if no one enjoys letting their kids go outside and play) We'd really like a place where our kids can ride their bikes outside with some friends
- Price range- 1600-1800 For rent. Would love to have a pool.

Any information helps, so please chime in! We are so excited!

Thank you!

-Mina
Check out Morrison Ranch and Cooley Station in Gilbert. The latter is more affordable, both offer tree lined streets, setback sidewalks, etc. Easy drives to QC as well. QC is a bit more affordable apples to apples, however has much more "upscale" product type with larger lots. San Tan Village is the main shopping/dining area in Gilbert. In QC it's Queen Creek Marketplace so you can see what they offer. Sometimes people confuse QC with San Tan Valley as they used to be one in the same, but they've become their own cities and QC is no longer considered as far out in the boonies but more of an extension of SE Gilbert.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Check out Morrison Ranch and Cooley Station in Gilbert. The latter is more affordable, both offer tree lined streets, setback sidewalks, etc. Easy drives to QC as well. QC is a bit more affordable apples to apples, however has much more "upscale" product type with larger lots. San Tan Village is the main shopping/dining area in Gilbert. In QC it's Queen Creek Marketplace so you can see what they offer. Sometimes people confuse QC with San Tan Valley as they used to be one in the same, but they've become their own cities and QC is no longer considered as far out in the boonies but more of an extension of SE Gilbert.
Thank you much. I will check it out.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:31 PM

200 posts, read 413,604 times
Your husbands office on rittenhouse will give you lots of options for a place to live.
QC is very big "land wise" and spans both Maricopa and Pinal counties.
The farther southeast you go, you will be in San tan valley, which is actually different than queen creek, even though many refer to it as queen creek.
Best options , in my opinion, will be to stay in QC , or Gilbert.
Many housing options and you will have city water, rather than Johnson utilities.
Seville, shamrock estates, cortina, Remington heights are some close neighborhoods to check out also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area