Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 11:51 AM

6 posts, read 7,092 times

Advertisements

Well it has come that time--
Looking for housing near Flagstaa / Morristown that are pet friendly. Mother in law and uncle live in Phoenix, and we would like to be nearby.
I have had a stroke, and am on a fixed income. Wifey is the artist, and would like to be in with an artsy crowd.
Any ideas here for us???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 11:57 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
Flagstaff (if that's what you mean) and Morristown are a LONG way apart. If you want to be near Phoenix, Morristown is closer, but there is very little there. If you are looking in the northwest part of Maricopa County (where Morristown is) Wickenburg might be a choice; it's not as "artsy" as places further away, but if you want to be near Phoenix, you might want to look around the central Phoenix area, which is developing some "artsy" areas.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:52 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,174,580 times
If you are old enough, you might seriously consider the Sun Cities. Great for fixed income, lots of healthcare choices, a large variety of housing options. Not "artsy", but plenty of activities like clubs, volunteer organizations, etc.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:07 PM

Default yes im 62 but my wife is 46

We have Great Pyrennese dogs and they may hamper housing search. Looking close to parks, and a first floor apt would work. I can't drive anymore so city is good

Old 08-26-2015, 04:09 PM

You may well have a problem renting an apartment with multiple large dogs, you would have better luck with renting a house, either in Phoenix or in the Sun Cities.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:36 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
You really should consider Sun City. You can have large dogs, we had a 289lb English Mastiff when we first moved here. The art clubs are numerous and you are but a short drive for your wife to get to the Phoenix center for the arts. You can find very inexpensive condo units here and the apts are affordable. Not sure of the pet policy with the apts, but the condos vary. Housing rentals are inexpensive here as well.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:38 PM

Default thank you all for replies

Show low area lookspromising also, but need more info for
there

Old 09-16-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The greenman333 View Post
Show low area lookspromising also, but need more info for
there

Show Low is a fairly long drive from Phoenix. I'm a bit confused by the places you have mentioned so far, except for Morristown, which is relatively close to Phoenix but there's very little there. How "nearby" to the parents do you need to be?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:33 AM

We are looking for wooded, cooler, less congested than Phoenix.
Being from Oh. And wife from Boston,we both like seasonal change, but I / we do not like 110 deg..
Walking, fishing, and because i cannot drive anymore, a more urban setting where we could walk to, or public trans. would be good-- internet is a must, as is cell service, and i am seeing alot
Of no coverage areas

Old 09-20-2015, 09:33 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The greenman333 View Post
We are looking for wooded, cooler, less congested than Phoenix.
Being from Oh. And wife from Boston,we both like seasonal change, but I / we do not like 110 deg..
Walking, fishing, and because i cannot drive anymore, a more urban setting where we could walk to, or public trans. would be good-- internet is a must, as is cell service, and i am seeing alot
Of no coverage areas
Prescott has a nice art vibe to it. But not close to true urban settings. I am not sure AZ is for you. We have forested areas but all are far away in the high country. This is a desert mostly. Our public transportation is lacking in almost all the areas. If you do not like 110 degree weather, then this is not your state. Try CA. Better yet, parts of AK have nice wooded areas as does AL. Trying to think of lower taxed states.
This summer was brutal as far as heat goes.....we almost moved.
If you have the income, Portland would be where I would go. Fantastic MAX transportation into downtown, tons of art shows, art in the Pearl, the sat market by the river. Woods all around you. McMinneville is not as high in taxes and close to Portland. Best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area