Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 06:32 PM

80 posts, read 98,763 times

Advertisements

Well, I got my route all figured out and all my hotels reserved. Taking 40 to Flagstaff, 17 down to the 303 and into Buckeye :-).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 06:34 PM

Thank you all for so much advise. I was super nervous but after reading through replies, I figured it out and feel much better. I love this site. :-)

Old 05-26-2018, 10:36 PM

163 posts, read 156,447 times
Nothing to be afraid of on I-20. I've taken it about 30 or more times from Atlanta to Dallas the last 20 years. Plenty of brand hotels and dining along the way. I have spent nights in both MS and LA along the way.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:36 AM

38 posts, read 27,262 times
This thread was very helpful to me as well. Thanks for all of your feedback! I will be packing up my car next weekend and rolling out of Charlotte Sunday morning. I’m planning to take 40 with overnight stops in Nashville, Little Rock, Oklahoma City, and Alberquerque. Looking forward to road tripping across this beautiful country and starting my life in Phoenix. ��

Old 05-27-2018, 10:27 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,734,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaz2018 View Post
This thread was very helpful to me as well. Thanks for all of your feedback! I will be packing up my car next weekend and rolling out of Charlotte Sunday morning. I’m planning to take 40 with overnight stops in Nashville, Little Rock, Oklahoma City, and Alberquerque. Looking forward to road tripping across this beautiful country and starting my life in Phoenix. ��
Ahhh, your route brings back memories. We stayed in Oklahoma City and Albuquerque during our journey. Safe travels and let us know when you arrive.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Ahhh, your route brings back memories. We stayed in Oklahoma City and Albuquerque during our journey. Safe travels and let us know when you arrive.
Will do goolsbyjazz. Thanks again for your insight! ��

Old 05-27-2018, 12:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,810,170 times
Quote:
Curious - Did Charlotte just not agree with you...I relocated from Charlotte 4years ago. Best move I could have made, professionally and personally.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Curious - Did Charlotte just not agree with you...I relocated from Charlotte 4years ago. Best move I could have made, professionally and personally.
westcoastbabe-I moved to Charlotte from Northeast Ohio 4 years ago and overall I’ve enjoyed my time here. I was in no hurry to leave, but then the company I’ve worked for the past 17 years (almost my entire career) went through a significant reorganization and I lost my position. I wasn’t having much luck finding employment here in Charlotte so when I got an offer in Phoenix (which I’ve always loved and been drawn to) it was a no brainer. 😊

So in answer to your question, it wasn’t that Charlotte didn’t agree with me, but I do believe that bigger and better things await me in Phoenix. 😃

Old 05-27-2018, 10:34 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,734,016 times
Quote:
westcoastbabe-I moved to Charlotte from Northeast Ohio 4 years ago and overall I’ve enjoyed my time here. I was in no hurry to leave, but then the company I’ve worked for the past 17 years (almost my entire career) went through a significant reorganization and I lost my position. I wasn’t having much luck finding employment here in Charlotte so when I got an offer in Phoenix (which I’ve always loved and been drawn to) it was a no brainer. 😊

So in answer to your question, it wasn’t that Charlotte didn’t agree with me, but I do believe that bigger and better things await me in Phoenix. 😃
That was the case with me as well. I loved living in Charlotte, but got a better opportunity in Phoenix.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:26 PM

Hello Westcoastbabe, I actually left SD CA and moved to CH 3 years ago for my career. I've been with my company for 23 years :-) I really like Charlotte but I have no family here and it has been really hard to make friends. I work from home with my company now, so I am moving closer to CA so that I can be closer to my family again. Really enjoyed it here, but very excited to be within driving distance to my family and get back to warmer sunny day every day :-)..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area