Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 08:15 AM

19 posts, read 29,173 times

Advertisements

I have a couple properties in Tempe and always on the lookout for dependable contractors ranging from basic handyman type repairs to contractor type work (roofing, windows, bath, kitchen). It’s been a real challenge finding someone that has quality work and quick/good communication.

If anyone knows of a company they recommend or you are a company offering these services, please shoot me a message and thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 11:52 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDRUNNER View Post
I have a couple properties in Tempe and always on the lookout for dependable contractors ranging from basic handyman type repairs to contractor type work (roofing, windows, bath, kitchen). It’s been a real challenge finding someone that has quality work and quick/good communication.

If anyone knows of a company they recommend or you are a company offering these services, please shoot me a message and thanks!
#metoo But in the Chandler area.

I have run into the biggest assortment of flakes trying to find a good handyman...

Old 10-08-2020, 04:57 PM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times
Sign up for the Next-door website. Here you can locate a handyman in your area which residents recommend.

A good handyman, AC vendor, plumber ect. isn't going to travel far esp. if they have enough work where they live.

Or if they do they'll bill you for a "trip charge"

Old 10-09-2020, 12:31 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Sign up for the Next-door website. Here you can locate a handyman in your area which residents recommend.

A good handyman, AC vendor, plumber ect. isn't going to travel far esp. if they have enough work where they live.

Or if they do they'll bill you for a "trip charge"

^^ This ^^

I am a member of Nextdoor in Tempe. Several good handymen listed in the Recommendations and Business Sections. To sign up you can go to the home page:

https://nextdoor.com/login/?ucl=1

***NOTE You will have to become a member with a Tempe address in order to see these postings and recommendations.

https://nextdoor.com/recommendations?is=nav_bar

Here is one who has good recs:

https://nextdoor.com/profile/40667595

Old 10-09-2020, 09:22 AM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times
What I do after finding a handyman on Next-door is search the site with the handyman's name or tel#.

This way I can confirm the recommendations. Sometimes all the glowing recommendations are all from the same person. If that's the case avoid the vendor.

However, overall I had much better luck finding quality vendors (handyman, AC tech ect) on Next-door than any other website.

Because I own properties is Chandler, Gilbert and Mesa I have an account in each area. This allows me to find vendors who live in that city.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:17 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
We had success finding a stucco repair person via Angie's List, which is free.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:44 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,020 times
Quote:

Built by Grace did a complete gut and rebuild of our master bathroom last year. Not the low bidder, but they did an excellent job and it came in on time and on budget.

https://builtbygrace.com/

Old 10-15-2020, 04:46 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
^^ This ^^

I am a member of Nextdoor in Tempe. Several good handymen listed in the Recommendations and Business Sections. To sign up you can go to the home page:

https://nextdoor.com/login/?ucl=1

***NOTE You will have to become a member with a Tempe address in order to see these postings and recommendations.

https://nextdoor.com/recommendations?is=nav_bar

Here is one who has good recs:

https://nextdoor.com/profile/40667595
I've recently contacted a six people via NextDoor. Five were such flakes that they didn't even call back.

And I'd advice people to think twice about signing up with NextDoor, considering their total lack of transparency. They want to know how you are, but won't tell you who they are.

Old 10-15-2020, 04:48 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,879 times
Quote:

I think we should stop conflating "handyman" with "contractor."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area