Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2021, 03:13 PM

445 posts, read 399,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I pay attention to current events. I know all about the companies that you mention. No, "everything isn't going to be turned upside down." I'm 1000% sure of that. It seems like you enjoy being spooked.
Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Old 06-23-2021, 03:24 PM

124 posts, read 108,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
No the increases have been insane. I went from a beautiful home in the Lago Estancia subdivision in Gilbert to an apartment I hated, to moving way out here to afford a house again because I wanted a house. The rent on that apartment was the same as my house was before the rent went way up. My place in Coolidge was a value for sure, I didn't realize what a diamond in a rough I found until after the fact, just figured it was cheap here. But even around here the rents are a lot higher than I would have expected in general, being so far out. I just checked out of curiosity, that awful awful apartment starts at $1,620 now + the 100 a month water sewer trash charge paid with rent. And it's not a great area, off Dobson and Southern. That's insane to me.
WTF! There is nothing in that area worth 1600 a month! IMHO....

Old 06-23-2021, 03:32 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,148,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
I remember the outrage, when the Japanese bought Pebble Beach for a billion... sold it back to us a few years later for 500 million.
So there is a funny side to that story. The person from the Japanese company that brokered that deal thought they could turn Pebble Beach into a private golf course and sell memberships at exorbitant prices. Since the courses...Pebble and Spyglass...run along the coast of California, they HAVE to remain public courses. I am sure someone got fired over that deal.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:09 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Dreamer View Post
WTF! There is nothing in that area worth 1600 a month! IMHO....
Apparently a 2 bedroom at Vista Valley is. At least VV looks nice on the outside, it's still a dump though for sure. Loud neighbors and some roaches . I'm sure it was a really nice place back in the 80's-90's. Never ever worth that much money to rent though.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:35 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Apparently a 2 bedroom at Vista Valley is. At least VV looks nice on the outside, it's still a dump though for sure. Loud neighbors and some roaches . I'm sure it was a really nice place back in the 80's-90's. Never ever worth that much money to rent though.
Well, even Maryvale was nice when it was built in the 1950s (it wasn't even in Phoenix city limits when John F Long first developed it)

Old 06-23-2021, 04:42 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times
I believe if more people were in relationships, this wouldn't be a problem. Split the cost of rent or mortgage, saves a lot of headache, if you can find the right person. Unfortunately, with modern 3rd wave feminism and MGTOW, people would rather be independent.

Old 06-23-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I believe if more people were in relationships, this wouldn't be a problem. Split the cost of rent or mortgage, saves a lot of headache, if you can find the right person. Unfortunately, with modern 3rd wave feminism and MGTOW, people would rather be independent.
So what, live at home until you're in a relationship?

Old 06-23-2021, 06:37 PM

445 posts, read 399,067 times
The hunt is so frustrating. First they say it's available now and you click on the ad only to find that it's for way out in August or September. Seriously?

And then they advertise on apartments.com that it's $1,375 etc. I consider that high but reasonable, but when you go to the actual site it says well above $1,400.

Please tell me where the nearest clean safe campground is North of Phoenix? It should have shower/bathroom amenities for campers if possible. I'm done with the housing market! And they should give the option to camp in your car too. There is nothing available! I'll just put all my stuff in storage.

No way in ___ am I going to pay over $1,400 for a simple one bedroom! Nadda. No way. I'm happy for those who can afford it! Cheers! Have a nice life! You are so fortunate to be able to afford the apartment and have a lot left over to enjoy life with.

Please send me a message if you see a 1 bedroom with private balcony, washer/dryer for rent below $1,400. Preferably smoke free. I hate the stench of pot smoke. Blech! My time is running out. There has to be something out there. It can't all be gone.
Thank you.

Old 06-23-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMouse111 View Post
The hunt is so frustrating. First they say it's available now and you click on the ad only to find that it's for way out in August or September. Seriously?

And then they advertise on apartments.com that it's $1,375 etc. I consider that high but reasonable, but when you go to the actual site it says well above $1,400.

Please tell me where the nearest clean safe campground is North of Phoenix? It should have shower/bathroom amenities for campers if possible. I'm done with the housing market! And they should give the option to camp in your car too. There is nothing available! I'll just put all my stuff in storage.

No way in ___ am I going to pay over $1,400 for a simple one bedroom! Nadda. No way. I'm happy for those who can afford it! Cheers! Have a nice life! You are so fortunate to be able to afford the apartment and have a lot left over to enjoy life with.

Please send me a message if you see a 1 bedroom with private balcony, washer/dryer for rent below $1,400. Preferably smoke free. I hate the stench of pot smoke. Blech! My time is running out. There has to be something out there. It can't all be gone.
Thank you.
You could check out Estates On Maryland, our old one bedroom one bath there (which we rented for $900/month 5 years ago) is $1,280/month now, according to apartments.com. And it has the other things you're looking for like W/D in unit and balcony. 1802 W Maryland Ave 85015

Old 06-23-2021, 07:25 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
The very last apartment complex I ever lived in before buying a condo was Onnix Tempe (was called Meridian Corners) back when I was at ASU. Shared a 2 bed, 1 bath with a roommate and I think the total was $860 back then. Looking at prices now it looks like the range is $1500-$2300, so the prices have doubled or tripled depending on which number is accurate.

That increase may seem like a lot over the course of ~22 years, but looking at the price the condos are selling for where I bought immediately after living in the apartment, they've gone from the 65-75k range then to $280k today. It looks like rents may be increasing at a slower rate than housing prices.

Buying the condo while still in grad school and stretching my comfort level a bit was one of the best financial moves of my life. I had the same roommate from the apartment and he got a bigger place and a private bath for about the same cost but paid me instead of a corporate landlord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area