Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 10:54 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times

Advertisements

SURPRISE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -- A leading commercial real estate developer says a project is in the works to bring an expansive retail and restaurant hub to Surprise over the next year.

SimonCRE says the 700,000 square-foot development will be the West Coast's first "power center" in over a decade. As the West Valley continues to see explosive growth, the company says they see a chance to be an integral part of the evolving communities and business developments along the Loop 303 Estrella Freeway. Officials say Village at Prasada will be located near the Waddell Road exit.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/villag...dccfbff8b.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 08:58 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
I'm not really clear why a shopping area with Marshalls, Five Below, Ulta, PetSmart, and Sprouts Farmers Market is a big deal.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:10 AM

717 posts, read 1,057,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm not really clear why a shopping area with Marshalls, Five Below, Ulta, PetSmart, and Sprouts Farmers Market is a big deal.
It's not...until we build an expensive lookout tower nearby so people can see the marshalls from a higher vantage point like they do in seattle.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:11 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Exactly. Says a lot about the area when some generic strip mall is something to look forward to.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:56 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,273,155 times
I guess the big story is that it's the first power center built in a while, since they stopped building these during the recession. It's probably a story created by the developer in an attempt to attract tenants. I interned with a commercial developer in college and it's a constant struggle to keep the properties leased. This is basically a smaller version of Queen Creek Marketplace by Vestar, which just got built right before the 2008 housing crash.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:59 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
1) You left out the real anchor: Total Wine.

2) For years pols and realtors have been pitching that that area will not be carrot farms forever so when something goes in (see the insanity over Costco) they go nuts.
3) It does show that the new Sterling Grove development has been successful enough to lure previously reluctant retailers to the area.
4) The 303 is going to be a highway of hell.

Old 12-04-2021, 11:03 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I guess the big story is that it's the first power center built in a while, since they stopped building these during the recession. It's probably a story created by the developer in an attempt to attract tenants. I interned with a commercial developer in college and it's a constant struggle to keep the properties leased. This is basically a smaller version of Queen Creek Marketplace by Vestar, which just got built right before the 2008 housing crash.
Absolutely. For going on two decades now the city and others have been claiming this was going to be the next SoDoSoPa with the most incredible combo of living and shopping. In reality it's a bunch of stores that people in Surprise can now shop at instead of going to Goodyear.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:56 PM

848 posts, read 966,559 times
Where? In the Costco plaza, and across the street both north and east of it? Seems like Costco is a big enough draw as it is. People always go apesh** over Costco, so that's got enough people coming to the area as it is. I'm sure that coffee place and Sleep Number wouldn't be there without the enormous gravity well Costco creates anywhere it shows up.

And yeah the 303 is nice right now, but I swear it gets more crowded by the week. I'm sure it's not long before it gets as crowded as the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Exactly. Says a lot about the area when some generic strip mall is something to look forward to.
Yeah. It's very dreary out here. It's the same suburb as everywhere else, it's just a million miles away from everything.

Old 12-05-2021, 12:20 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
Where? In the Costco plaza, and across the street both north and east of it? Seems like Costco is a big enough draw as it is. People always go apesh** over Costco, so that's got enough people coming to the area as it is. I'm sure that coffee place and Sleep Number wouldn't be there without the enormous gravity well Costco creates anywhere it shows up.

And yeah the 303 is nice right now, but I swear it gets more crowded by the week. I'm sure it's not long before it gets as crowded as the rest.

Yeah. It's very dreary out here. It's the same suburb as everywhere else, it's just a million miles away from everything.
But one day soon it will be in the middle of the metropolitan area as development is rapidly heading out to Wickenburg.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:19 AM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
SURPRISE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -- A leading commercial real estate developer says a project is in the works to bring an expansive retail and restaurant hub to Surprise over the next year.

SimonCRE says the 700,000 square-foot development will be the West Coast's first "power center" in over a decade. As the West Valley continues to see explosive growth, the company says they see a chance to be an integral part of the evolving communities and business developments along the Loop 303 Estrella Freeway. Officials say Village at Prasada will be located near the Waddell Road exit.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/villag...dccfbff8b.html
When did AZ begin to have oceanfront property? Shouldn't that be southwest instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area