Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2022, 03:27 PM

110 posts, read 118,541 times

Advertisements

It can be anywhere from Buckeye to San Tan Valley, Brand New or a long-time staple, there are very few parameters. I just want to know, what is your favorite restaurant to eat at and what do you get there?

Compared to other cities I've lived in, the food scene in the Valley is pretty diverse and seems endless with the amount of options offered. I like some of the classics like Cibo downtown for Pizza, or Richardson's for a hearty, delicious meal. But there are also some new places I've discovered, like Phoenix Coqui, a little Puerto Rican hole in the wall off 15th ave and Indian School, or Lix, an Ice Cream shop off 7th ave and Osborne where my favorite is their mango sticky rice ice cream.

I'm interested to hear your answers below!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 04:56 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,730,687 times
It feels almost impossible to pick a single favorite restaurant here, there are near endless options it seems. I recently tried Kabob Grill N’ Go which was highlighted by New York Times as one of best new restaurants in the country, it is pretty solid. Since I'll never be able to pick one here are some of my favorites.

Nelsons Seafood Market
Spinatos
Lil Miss BBQ
Fry Bread House
Glai Baan, great Thai food
El Chullo Peruvian
Harumi

I want to try Shin Bay and Bacanora.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:44 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,264,727 times
Here are some of my favorites:

Two Hands Korean Hot Dogs
Hue Gourmet
Shanxi Gardens
Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen
Nan Zhao Hand Drawn Noodle House
Asiana Market restaurants

Old 09-27-2022, 09:47 PM

640 posts, read 956,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
It feels almost impossible to pick a single favorite restaurant here, there are near endless options it seems. I recently tried Kabob Grill N’ Go which was highlighted by New York Times as one of best new restaurants in the country, it is pretty solid. Since I'll never be able to pick one here are some of my favorites.

Nelsons Seafood Market
Spinatos
Lil Miss BBQ
Fry Bread House
El Chullo Peruvian
Harumi

I can’t figure out how people get into Bacanora. From what I understand, they open up reservations on the 1st of the month for the following month…but when I looked at October back on Sept 1st it was completely booked. Has anyone been there?

Old 09-27-2022, 10:35 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,636,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phx1205 View Post
I can’t figure out how people get into Bacanora. From what I understand, they open up reservations on the 1st of the month for the following month…but when I looked at October back on Sept 1st it was completely booked. Has anyone been there?
I’ve been three times. I sort of don’t get the hype but it’s really good. You have to sign up for alerts on their res system (Tock I think) and be prepared to hit it as soon as you get the notification.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:41 PM

640 posts, read 956,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I’ve been three times. I sort of don’t get the hype but it’s really good. You have to sign up for alerts on their res system (Tock I think) and be prepared to hit it as soon as you get the notification.
Good to know!

Old 09-29-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:

Nelsons Seafood Market
Spinatos
Lil Miss BBQ
Fry Bread House
El Chullo Peruvian
Harumi

Nice choices! Little Miss BBQ is pretty solid, Try Joe's BBQ in Gilbert if you like Texas BBQ
I've been wanting to try Glai Baan for 2 years haha but it's always so busy.

I used to want to try Bacanora but read so many bad reviews about the owner not honoring people's time/reservations because he sat his friends instead. Multiple people on different days have mentioned that problem. I'm usually a solo diner so that place wouldn't work for me.

Old 09-29-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Here are some of my favorites:

Two Hands Korean Hot Dogs
Hue Gourmet
Shanxi Gardens
Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen
Nan Zhao Hand Drawn Noodle House
Asiana Market restaurants
Lots of cool choices!
Thai food and Viet Food are my favorite for Asian. Have any recs for either?

Old 09-29-2022, 12:03 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,657,112 times
Quote:

Nelsons Seafood Market
Spinatos
Lil Miss BBQ
Fry Bread House
El Chullo Peruvian
Harumi

Those are some great places!

Old 09-29-2022, 07:08 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,264,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdesertdude View Post
Lots of cool choices!
Thai food and Viet Food are my favorite for Asian. Have any recs for either?
For Thai, I have had good meals at Thai Spices. The food is NOT exceptional but it is pretty good. The staff can be young and not as attentive as you like. It is located inside Mekong Plaza on Dobson Rd.

My favorite Vietnamese place in the area for S. Vietnamese food was Pho Wing Lee. However, they closed down during the pandemic and reopened as a fruit stand.

Hue Gourmet serves Central Vietnamese food and i think it is one of the top restaurants in Phoenix but you have to be somewhat adventurous.

If you are not adventurous, try Un-pho-gettable in Mekong Plaza. It is very solid standard S. Vietnamese fare.

One place that is on my list to try in a future trip is Pho Number One which is on S. Dobson near Baseline Rd. The food looks good and the prices are very reasonable.

Hope that helps. I think that the food scene in Phoenix is excellent with hundreds of good options. I would put it a step below Chicago or Las Vegas but that is still not bad.

===================

I will add one thing. You might want to try some of the Korean options around town. Find a newer place that has a younger staff who are willing to walk you through a few of the dishes. Or try some of the options in Asiana market or H-Mart. And if you want something really unique, go for the Korean hot dogs at Two Hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area