Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,718,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop01 View Post
All of the areas that I am interested in have good assessor websites. When I find something new pop up (I check everyday),I do a general search at the Assessor site by entering just the street and limit it to block numbers within those streets and look to match those items described above or look for recent document filings at the county clerks office website. A filing date within a few days of the posting are a dead giveaway.
It's work - but I have lots of time. I've always found them. I don't even know what realtytrac costs.
Where do you find the recent document filings? I looked for it on the Assessors site but was unable to locate it. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:
Now before everyone jumps me for being inefficient I'm telling you up front that I enjoy this. It's a challenge and satisfies my specific needs. Your mileage may vary.
I don't think you're being inefficient at all, especially if you end up getting that "Diamond in the Rough".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
One of my husband's coworkers recommended this website:
Phoenix HUD Homes, Arizona Foreclosures, Phoenix Homes for sale (http://www.foreclosurehomesearch.com/access/ - broken link)

You need a password to access the homes but I think all it takes is emailing the guy and he'll give it to you. I've never bought a home with them before. I don't know if the person who recommended the site did either but it "looked" legit and we were never charged to look at the homes.
Thanks! I signed up and hopefully I'll get a password so I can take a look through what they've got.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:24 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,011 times
thanks foma!

IT Chick, also I have done this in the chicago area....if you email a realtor and act like you're interested in purchasing, just simply ask the realtor if he/she can email you the listing? Some eager realtor will just email you with log in and password for the MLS listing. But you have to tell them what area you're looking, the price range, etc...etc...

Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
Thanks! I signed up and hopefully I'll get a password so I can take a look through what they've got.
something funky about that website is that all of their so called "foreclosure" homes start out from $330,000(my search area were only limited to chandler, gilbert, phoenix and scottsdale) and up and I know there are tons of houses that are less than that...

Old 06-20-2008, 10:59 AM

375 posts, read 609,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
something funky about that website is that all of their so called "foreclosure" homes start out from $330,000(my search area were only limited to chandler, gilbert, phoenix and scottsdale) and up and I know there are tons of houses that are less than that...
It does say "HUD" homes and I've found that they are not such a good deal any more. The government moves like molasses (unless you owe THEM money) and their valuation criteria can't keep up with this market. I haven't signed up yet so there may be others listed also.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
It does say "HUD" homes and I've found that they are not such a good deal any more. The government moves like molasses (unless you owe THEM money) and their valuation criteria can't keep up with this market. I haven't signed up yet so there may be others listed also.
Yeah, they figure they could "sit" on those houses as long as they need to...they're not like the rest of em trying to make fast money or dire need to get rid of it.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
thanks foma!

IT Chick, also I have done this in the chicago area....if you email a realtor and act like you're interested in purchasing, just simply ask the realtor if he/she can email you the listing? Some eager realtor will just email you with log in and password for the MLS listing. But you have to tell them what area you're looking, the price range, etc...etc...
I tried that a few times, but a lot of the Realtors are not ready to give any listings (at least not to me) unless I gave them a signed exclusive agreement for them as my Buyers Rep. The only time I've gotten some success is if I meet with a Realtor at a listed location advertised and sometimes they have other listings with them that they are willing to tell me about on the spot to check out. And that is still sometimes as many are very guarded with their info. I guess the ones I meet have been burned.

Quote:
I signed up for it last night and I still haven't received a password through the e-mail. Maybe it's just as well.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I do worry about even considering a HUD home. A good friend of mine who lives in AJ warned me about some significant problems buyers of HUD homes in her area were having. I guess it's hard to have the property thoroughly inspected before the auction/sale and any and everything could go wrong and insurance doesn't always cover it.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Where do you find the recent document filings? I looked for it on the Assessors site but was unable to locate it. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks!
I just re-read your quote Coop01, and I think I figured out the answer.

If I'm correct, that is a lot of research work, but if it pays off, then it's worth it.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I tried that a few times, but a lot of the Realtors are not ready to give any listings (at least not to me) unless I gave them a signed exclusive agreement for them as my Buyers Rep. The only time I've gotten some success is if I meet with a Realtor at a listed location advertised and sometimes they have other listings with them that they are willing to tell me about on the spot to check out. And that is still sometimes as many are very guarded with their info. I guess the ones I meet have been burned.

I signed up for it last night and I still haven't received a password through the e-mail. Maybe it's just as well.
Here's the password... "galaxian"

be forewarned, if you're looking for bargain, i don't think this site is it though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area