Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 PM

105 posts, read 326,266 times

Advertisements

I've lived here 4 whole days, and so far have been to the QT Mart, and Super Walmart in Chandler.....went to Santan Village a few weeks back...took the trash to the curb.....other than that, I've done nothing but sweat, bought some furniture, drank a few brews(tonight back on the whiskey since they sell it in grocery stores here.....didn't have that in Texas...gonna be the death of me for sure) and watched DVD's since I have no DTV or Cable yet.......I'm right around Gilbert and Warner......what else is cool....good places to eat??? Seen alot of 'em but don't know whats good or not. Practice with the new band on Thursday.....that'll be fun. I think the neighborhood is dead..like a F'n ghostown...I haven't seen a soul out on my street in the whole time I've been here......I go out to smoke and all I see are the lizards livin' in my front yard. If I can jump in quick enough, I may play a show in Tempe Aug. 5th with the new guys....I'll know by Thursday...but as you can tell.....I'm pretty F'n bored right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 11:51 PM

219 posts, read 779,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowHeavyGroove View Post
I've lived here 4 whole days, and so far have been to the QT Mart, and Super Walmart in Chandler.....went to Santan Village a few weeks back...took the trash to the curb.....other than that, I've done nothing but sweat, bought some furniture, drank a few brews(tonight back on the whiskey since they sell it in grocery stores here.....didn't have that in Texas...gonna be the death of me for sure) and watched DVD's since I have no DTV or Cable yet.......I'm right around Gilbert and Warner......what else is cool....good places to eat??? Seen alot of 'em but don't know whats good or not. Practice with the new band on Thursday.....that'll be fun. I think the neighborhood is dead..like a F'n ghostown...I haven't seen a soul out on my street in the whole time I've been here......I go out to smoke and all I see are the lizards livin' in my front yard. If I can jump in quick enough, I may play a show in Tempe Aug. 5th with the new guys....I'll know by Thursday...but as you can tell.....I'm pretty F'n bored right now.
That sounds exactly like my first 5 weeks here so far...I'm in Tempe though. I expect around late August when ASU is back in session, things will come to life though. I just feel like I see so few people around, but its probably because it is the summer.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:08 AM

105 posts, read 326,266 times
Well bro....if yer lookin' for somethin' to do....even if I don't play the Aug. 5th show, I'll still be there....so you can come out and I'll buy you a few.......and if I am ready and do play....you gotta come out for sure....it's a pretty big to do in the Stoner Rock/Doom scene(This ain't no screaming and yelling crap...it's good rock and roll with a groove....you'll like it).......I'll keep ya posted. Lookin' good so far....and wouldn't be the first time I learned all the songs off a CD and played a show without practicing with the band in real life.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,437,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowHeavyGroove View Post
Well bro....if yer lookin' for somethin' to do....even if I don't play the Aug. 5th show, I'll still be there....so you can come out and I'll buy you a few.......and if I am ready and do play....you gotta come out for sure....it's a pretty big to do in the Stoner Rock/Doom scene(This ain't no screaming and yelling crap...it's good rock and roll with a groove....you'll like it).......I'll keep ya posted. Lookin' good so far....and wouldn't be the first time I learned all the songs off a CD and played a show without practicing with the band in real life.
Hey, you should look up W1nger0 or something...he'd prolly come see ya! there's couple guys here that still listen to winger and white lion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area