Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,456,071 times

Advertisements

I reserved a puppy out of Iowa and she cannot come here until the temps hit 75 degrees, per Federal law and I agree with that 100%. My birthday is Sept 20 and I'd love to have her here for that. Of course, in no way will I risk her health. At any rate, how much longer will I have to wait, in your experience? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 04:25 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,086,806 times
Do you mean highs? Or lows?
Um, not that often, sorry to say. ha ha And not by your birthday for sure hon, a solid 75 or for a couple of weeks for the pup to get use to it won't happen until, um, maybeDec., Jan. or Feb.
Look up adv. highs and then add about 10 degrees to it. http://phoenix.about.com/od/weather/a/averagetemps.htm That's about what it will really be give or take a freak cold front. There is really no predicting those ahead of time by anything more than a few days and they usually only last a few days. Your going to have to rethink this one. Maybe you should move to the pup. lol
What kind are you getting?
I am glad to see you getting a new puppy, I think it will be very happy to have you as a dog parent.
By the look of today maybe it will bring an earlier cool down but I doubt it. We might have a day or two of 75's between now and Dec. but you never know. Where is the dog from?

Last edited by twiggy; 08-30-2008 at 04:34 PM..

Old 08-30-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Um, not that often, sorry to say. ha ha
Thanks, Twiggy, and how have you been? They will fly her out on the last flight to arrive at 10 or 11 at night. She will be attended to the whole time to include someone carrying her off the plane and handing her to me. Only the best for my babies. The only thing I am thinking is that the temps have to be 75 degrees here for at least a few consecutive days, to be on the safe side.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:44 PM

682 posts, read 2,567,898 times
Go to Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground to look up temps for the past years. You can plug in individual days of September and get an idea of when the temps drop.

Personally, I think you will be pup less on your birthday.

altus2006

Old 08-30-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Um, not that often, sorry to say. ha ha And not by your birthday for sure hon, a solid 75 or for a couple of weeks for the pup to get use to it won't happen until, um, maybeDec., Jan. or Feb.
Look up adv. highs and then add about 10 degrees to it. Phoenix Average Monthly Temperatures - Phoenix Weather by Month That's about what it will really be give or take a freak cold front. There is really no predicting those ahead of time by anything more than a few days and they usually only last a few days. Your going to have to rethink this one. Maybe you should move to the pup. lol
What kind are you getting?
I am glad to see you getting a new puppy, I think it will be very happy to have you as a dog parent.
By the look of today maybe it will bring an earlier cool down but I doubt it. We might have a day or two of 75's between now and Dec. but you never know. Where is the dog from?
Well, she is from Iowa and an absolutely beautiful rare red Shih tzu. A baby doll. I don't think the people in IA realize just how long they are going to have to keep her. They understand I cannot help it and are willing to keep her. I hope. Nonetheless, I am going to miss out on a great deal of her puppyhood. I'm already attached to her. They are going to send me pics each Sunday and keep me updated as to how her personality develops. She is definitely the kind of girl who will be in my face saying "pick me up," which is perfect for me. Still, I am hoping for October at the latest. It is conceivable we COULD have low temps for a few days in October, right? It is costing $350 dollars to fly her out here, and I think I can get same day service, or at least a few day's service. I'd post a pic of her here, but I don't know how to do it. She really is a beauty.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:57 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,508,514 times
Why don't you fly to IA and bring her back in the cabin? We did that earlier this year with a puppy. As long as she's in the cabin w/ you it doesn't matter what temp. it is outside! Just be sure to call to reserve it b/c there is a limit on # cats/dogs allowed on a plane. Also you' need to get a pet carrier which would fit under the seat in front of you. We flew there and back on the same day.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
Why don't you fly to IA and bring her back in the cabin? We did that earlier this year with a puppy. As long as she's in the cabin w/ you it doesn't matter what temp. it is outside! Just be sure to call to reserve it b/c there is a limit on # cats/dogs allowed on a plane. Also you' need to get a pet carrier which would fit under the seat in front of you. We flew there and back on the same day.
Well, that is a thought. The puppy would not be going in regular air cargo, as things stand. But maybe I should check into that. The only deal is the puppy is not in Des Moines, rather NE IA. Still, I will look into it. Thanks!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:26 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Nightime/early morning temps will be in the upper 70s starting next week but daytime temps in low 70s won't be here till December. By then it'll be in the 20s at least in Iowa. Fly the dog to LA or Orange County and go get it there.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Nightime/early morning temps will be in the upper 70s starting next week but daytime temps in low 70s won't be here till December. By then it'll be in the 20s at least in Iowa. Fly the dog to LA or Orange County and go get it there.
Ok, that is a good idea. Thanks.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:16 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,533 times
Default I don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Ok, that is a good idea. Thanks.
why is it Federal Law to be 75 degrees if the puppy would not be flying in cargo but in the cabin like everyone else anyway? If the pup is being flown in the cabin and handed off to you I don't see the problem. I would never allow any pet to fly cargo anyway, I have read to many negative stories about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area