Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,402 times

Advertisements

Hello my wife and I are really considering moving to the Phoenix area this fall, when we are both done with school. I was just wondering how the job market is there right now, I have a degree in Economics and Finance and am currently getting my MBA and my wife will have a degree in management. We currently live in North Dakota about 50 miles from the Canadian border. It gets really cold here in the winter about -60F air temp. We really want to move somewhere warm or in this case hot for a few years just to see if we like it. Where in the Phoenix area would you suggest to look at for homes? How is the housing market doing now, I know that Phoenix was in pretty bad shape a few months ago? We don't mind driving a bit we would like to keep the commute to about 30-45 minutes though. We are planning a trip this summer to see how we like the heat we figured to go during the summer when it is the worst to see how we can handle it. We have been looking at cities like Avondale and Peoria. As well as Gilbert and Chandler any info would be great thanks and I appreciate all the responses!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 07:02 PM

191 posts, read 611,931 times
Matty, There are really nice places to live all over the valley. What matters is where you will be working. Once you nail that down, you can look at neighborhoods that are an easy commute to work. The valley is HUGE and it is hard to recommend places for you till you know where you will be centered. Check for jobs on Phoenixbackpage.com, azcentral.com, craigslist, monster.com. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area