Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 02:21 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,313,126 times

Advertisements

My husband has worked for Coca-Cola for thirty years where we live currently. He will be able to transfer to the Tempe plant, and the people there seem very open to him coming and very willing to help him to do so, but no one seems to know if that is a union plant or not. If one calls that plant they get an automated system that won't return calls and is no help. His boss hasn't been able to get a consistent answer when he emails the HR people that plant, and they act like they don't know for sure. Even corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA doesn't seem to know!!! I even called the Phoenix area Brotherhood of Teamsters local shop to find out, since that is the union that he is in here, and they said that no, CC is not a member of the Teamsters out there, but I suppose that they could be a member of another union, IDK. I know that AZ is a right to work state, and I have heard that there is not a huge union presence there, but he still can't seem to find anyone who knows...very frustrating. It's not that he is a big union supporter or anything, and, in fact, he couldn't care less if he works in a unionized shop, it just has to do with his ability to carry all of his seniority with him when he transfers to that plant. It would actually be to his benefit if it isn't a union shop.

BTW, do you know what is possibly the last major corporation in the world to still have a real person answer the phone when you call their corporate offices? When I called Coca-Cola Enterprises headquarters in Atlanta, GA, instead of an automated system, the nicest lady answered the phone on the first ring (!!!) and when I asked her how I could find out if Tempe is a union shop or not, she said, and I quote, "Oh, no, Sweetie. Sugar, I wouldn't have any idea about that!" Not only do they answer the phone, they call you Sweetie and Sugar. How's that for customer service? ; )

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area