Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:06 AM

16 posts, read 42,660 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I am a life coach and I am moving to the Phoenix area next summer. I am planning to continue working as a life coach and I am wondering what the best way to get my services out to people?. I now work at a health clinic. I am spiritual but no "healer" I don´t do auras and crystals, tarot or similar. Can anyone give me any tips on what areas to focus on? Any organizations? I help people with everyday life challenges, no mental illnesses etc.
Thank you!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:51 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,415,604 times
Do you actually plan on making a living doing this? I would suggest looking for a real job before moving.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:02 PM

Please become my first client I´d love to hear your opinion of what a "real job" is.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,058,216 times
The Phoenix job market is REALLY depressed right now. Life coaches are very valuable in an economy that can afford their services. Unfortunately, its going to be difficult to get established here, unless you have something to offer folks who are out of work and need some pointers with their outlook, appearance, etc. I would certainly try to relocate in the Scottsdale area and advertise heavily in the magazines that are in that venue. Those residents may have the means to pay for a life coach. Just my opinion.......

Old 09-18-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedfor 11 View Post
Please become my first client I´d love to hear your opinion of what a "real job" is.
If you can trick people in to paying you for your advice, then great more power to you, but I do not consider you a professional by any means.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:37 AM

203 posts, read 810,412 times
i have seen some postings for job coaches, maybe they can help

Old 09-18-2009, 05:58 AM

Life coaching is a scam by people who can only talk but not achieve. Plus, anyone can be a life coach, it doesn't require any formal training besides a few paid sessions with another life coach, it's basically a giant pyramid scheme.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:21 AM

963 posts, read 2,301,823 times
I think the existence of life coaching as a profession is a sign of the collapse of the family structure and the decline in healthy, supportive friendships. People form bonds today for largely selfish reasons. Few people know how to give genuine emotional support anymore. We all need encouragement and constructive criticism and counsel. That's why sports teams have coaches. Life Coaching fills a void that is created by the collapse of traditional emotional support structures. The fact that this industry exists is a telling commentary on the state of our modern society.

A recent article I read stated that in Poland they have programs to teach parents how to play with and show affection to their children. The problem there is that young adults have been so distracted by television, videos, computers and other entertainment that they are emotionally stunted, losing the ability to show affection to their own children. I am sure we need similar programs in this country as well! The ability to encourage and strengthen others emotionally is a vital part of being human. Only the most macho of us would refuse to admit that we all need a good word to cheer us on and a pep talk from time to time. That in itself is a noble achievement.

Design7 (formerly Abqstyle)

Last edited by Design7; 09-18-2009 at 06:31 AM..

Old 09-19-2009, 03:06 PM

Thank you for your reply Design7 and your insight. I agree with you however I also believe that the human experience have come to a point where we can not continue to live the way we do. All the technology and the hype of money and materialism have not given us the happiness we thought it would. The collapse of our financial system is a sign of this. I have a 4 yr degree in psychosynthesis, a holistic approach in psychology where the body, mind and spirit is seen as a whole. I want to help people see and feel who they really are, make the right choices, live to work ( not work to live) because the enjoy what they do - so that they can fulfill their higher purpose. I want clients from all walks of life, rich, poor, old, young, female and male. Anyone is welcome if they feel the need for someone to listen. I would also like to volunteer at a shelter or similar. I appreciate comments like yours so thank you.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:11 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,236,682 times
What exactly is a "life coach?" I have never heard of it. Is it basically a counselor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area