Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 05:27 PM

4 posts, read 10,173 times

Advertisements

Hi, my wife and I are moving to phoenix in July. I have a one year fellowship and will be working off camelback in the biltmore area 2 days a week, then at st lukes hospital in downtown 4 days a week. We are looking for a nice apartment/townhome/ condo in a safe community. Most of the ones I've seen are getting harsh reviews online. Any advise from local residents? We are fairly flexible with location but Id appreciate some traffic advice. I was thinking either Biltmore, Scottsdale or Paradise Valley areas. Would north phoenix be too far? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
I don't think Paradise Valley has much rental/apartment housing. I wouldn't recommend the commute from Scottsdale, it would be surface streets for the shortest route or the 202 into town in the morning (not pretty). I'd stay near the 51 and points west to about Central Ave. I'd also stay south of Northern Ave. I'd recommend my complex near 16th and Northern, but I think you're looking for something more upscale. I'd check craigslist to find condos. I'd bet there are plenty of options what with the way the real estate market is right now.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM

88 posts, read 221,576 times
I would recommend Paradise Valley, right on Lincoln. Some nice condos over there I believe, and you can skip over to the 51 pretty quickly.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,173 times
Thanks for the info.. I am finding some reasonable prices for a number of condos in the biltmore area. Does anyone know anything about Biltmore Square? Also, How long do you think it would take to drive on 51 south from Union Hills to downtown at 630 am and at 5 or 6 pm? Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: