Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 09:28 PM

16 posts, read 31,898 times

Advertisements

I need some advice from people that are familiar with the subdivisions in different areas. My husband and I will be moving to Arizona at the beginning of August (I know great timing lol) He works all over the valley, and from Flagstaff to Tucson, so where we live isn't exactly important. But I think we've narrowed it down to a few towns. Queen Creek, Goodyear, Avondale, and Gilbert. I know they're kinda all over the map. I was just wondering if anyone could share some insight about these towns. Pros and cons, and the best neighborhoods within these towns. And we would like to have easy access to highways and such to make commuting less hectic. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
If you don't want a hectic (i.e., long and slow) commute, stay out of Queen Creek. Any of the others will give you better access to highways. You really need to come look well before you make the move. You are asking about cities on opposite sides of the Valley, and need to narrow your choices based on what you see with your own eyes, not what you might read here. Good luck to you!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:18 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,765,229 times
you probably want to be centrally located with easy freeway access to the 1-10 and 1-17 for Tuscon/Flag travel. All those cities are all over the map you might want to look at Anthem and North Phoenix, Ahwatukee/Tempe/Chandler.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 AM

Thanks for your advice. My husband has been working down there since September of 2009 so he's been able to get a feel for the area and he thinks that these areas are the areas that he feels comfortable driving from. When he works in Flag or Tucson he stays in hotels, so he's not commuting back and forth everyday. I am making a trip down in July so that I can go house hunting, I just wanted some input from people that are familiar with the different subdivisions in the towns. I know that during one trip I probably won't be able to get the whole feel for the neighborhood. What if I catch the neighborhood on a good day, and then like the next 6 months it smells like manure or something kwim? I kinda want the low down on what areas to stay away from, before I get there so that if my realtor mentions an area I already have a good idea of what I'm getting myself into. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:36 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
You aren't going to be troubled by manure smells in the areas mentioned in the above posts. (yes, there are some outlying areas of Chandler that are agricultural, but you are presumably going to be looking at subdivisions.) Find a realtor, tell him or her the things that are important to you in a home, and go from there.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Thanks! What are some reputable realtors in the phoenix area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area