Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:10 PM

28 posts, read 112,488 times

Advertisements

HX Guy...i agree that makes a huge difference in the feel of the backyard, IMO. Who did you have do the job? Looking for a good referral...thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:13 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,940,499 times
It was a guy that was referred to me as well...wasn't an actual company and last I heard, he moved back to Mexico, but I can check if you want. If I remember correctly it was around $1500 to have it done and painted.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
It was a guy that was referred to me as well...wasn't an actual company and last I heard, he moved back to Mexico, but I can check if you want. If I remember correctly it was around $1500 to have it done and painted.
please do if it's not too much trouble! That's about what i was guestimating it would be..

GREAT looking grass too BTW.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:19 AM

919 posts, read 3,395,257 times
I too become an owner of the cinderblock walls and had a local landscape guy apply stucco and color them, creating a whole new feel. I can't recommend his company as he seemingly hired a few guys from the Home Depot parking lot to do the work. It's akin to painting - something you can do yourself at cost, if you want to. Just pick your color and apply a few coats. Painting works as well, but stucco is thicker and gives more of a custom texture, rather than colorful blocks.

Behind my property (untreated):

Same wall(s), but looking from within the yard:

Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 AM

426 posts, read 1,306,515 times
I'm thinking about doing this myself once I get some other backyard projects knocked out.

One positive thing about doing this is removing a hiding place for scorpions. Every time I've found a scorpion in our backyard, they are always on the wall or right next to it. If I don't kill them quick enough, they hide in one of the spaces in the wall. The stucco would take away those hiding places.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 PM

67 posts, read 336,970 times
OR consider... is it better the scorpions stay on the back wall OR find a new cooler place inside your house? Critters always find a way!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 PM

i'd take the stucco any day....from the pics and testimonials, i just think it makes a huge difference in the overall feel of the backyard.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,341,167 times
DFW

Agreed - but I am happy with my much less expensive compromise (painting). Better than the drab gray!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:34 AM

426 posts, read 1,306,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labratinaz View Post
OR consider... is it better the scorpions stay on the back wall OR find a new cooler place inside your house? Critters always find a way!
We've had our house sealed by a professional company that specializes in sealing for scorpions. I also on a monthly basis spray chemicals that if a scorpion comes in contact with will kill it.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:35 PM

3 posts, read 3,155 times
Default stucco'ing backyard wall

I ran into a dilemma. I was tired of the same grey colored brick wall. I painted my home and decided to continue the interior of my backyard wall with the same color. Needless to say I was horrified with painting the wall without using stuuco. It looked cheap. I definetly want to stucco the wall however I have immediate neighbors which I share my wall, so how would you stucco the wall without interfering their side of their wall? any ideas ? any good stucco contractors that wont break the bank in the Tucson Area?

I though about covering with bamboo sticks or maybe some cool looking plants to take the attention from the now white colored wall.

I can post pics so you all can see.

Thank you

Last edited by yellowbelle; 07-17-2015 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: duplicate thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area