Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 02:37 PM

347 posts, read 1,095,869 times

Advertisements

Thanks everybody , for the support and suggestions.

I'm gonna give him till tomorrow morning... while I mull over all your ideas and decide what to do. You'd think someone who is a journalist would know a thing or two about copyrights. Sigh... I wonder if in some crazy crooked way he actually thinks that coz I'm his sis, it's OK!!! You know, like when I drew him all those critter body part diagrams for his biology homework. But then again, before he fessed up, I had to cross question him about where each of those pics were taken. Aaarrrrrggghhh!!! Only family can do this to you... and it's the last place you'd expect it from. And no, both of us are well over 18... closer to twice as much. Thanks again, everybody...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 04:59 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,829,482 times
I feel for you in this situation. It sure would be a lot easier to deal with if it weren't immediate family involved.

A while back on another message board I participate in, there was a guy who kept posting photos, articles, etc. that he found on the Internet if he thought it was appropriate and would be of interest to the forum community. Well, some of those photos he posted were mine from my Webshots gallery, and some articles were those from a local writer who also posts in that forum. He never mentioned his source or gave any of the people involved credit. Several of us whose work he used called him on it publicly in the forum, and he did remove some posts and gave credit on others, but he slips up every now and again. I think you (and me too) should start putting those little copyright watermarks on your photos from now on. In the meantime, if it were me, I'd probably threaten to report your brother to Facebook if he doesn't comply within "x" amount of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography