Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 04:30 PM

82 posts, read 266,119 times

Advertisements

We may be moving in a month or 2 due to a job offer (with the school district) in South Fayette Township. We currently live in the city and cannot take it anymore. The main reason - Pittsburgh Public Schools. We have had nothing but issues with our daughter in elementary school so it's time for a move.

We are not financially able to buy a home right now and I couldn't find much in the way of rentals.

We are looking into surrounding areas and school districts for our daughter. I know that leaves us open to a lot of areas, but I need help narrowing them down.

We are looking for:

Good school district (especially a good special ed department)
Family-friendly area
More likelihood to find rentals (a townhouse would be perfect)

Let us know some suggestions. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 06:12 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,666,746 times
South Fayette Township itself is a very good district. I don't know about rentals though, maybe scattered around and not sure what price range. What kind of budget for monthly rent do you think?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:02 PM

783 posts, read 2,023,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sz89128 View Post
We may be moving in a month or 2 due to a job offer (with the school district) in South Fayette Township. We currently live in the city and cannot take it anymore. The main reason - Pittsburgh Public Schools. We have had nothing but issues with our daughter in elementary school so it's time for a move.

We are not financially able to buy a home right now and I couldn't find much in the way of rentals.

We are looking into surrounding areas and school districts for our daughter. I know that leaves us open to a lot of areas, but I need help narrowing them down.

We are looking for:

Good school district (especially a good special ed department)
Family-friendly area
More likelihood to find rentals (a townhouse would be perfect)

Let us know some suggestions. Thanks!!
South Fayette SD is very small, which will limit the number of rentals available to you. Probably most of the rentals in that area will be in Bridgeville, which isn't in South Fayette sd. There are a fair amount of apt complexes and townhouses available in USC. Also, bethel park and mt.Lebanon are loaded with decent rentals and both school districts are good. What is your budget?

Old 06-04-2011, 06:53 AM

674 posts, read 1,413,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
South Fayette SD is very small, which will limit the number of rentals available to you. Probably most of the rentals in that area will be in Bridgeville, which isn't in South Fayette sd. There are a fair amount of apt complexes and townhouses available in USC. Also, bethel park and mt.Lebanon are loaded with decent rentals and both school districts are good. What is your budget?
SF SD isn't very small at all anymore. 10 years ago, sure, but they've grown a lot. It's not a huge school district, but I think they're AAA classification in some sports.

To the OP - there are some rentals in SF, not a ton. Hunting Ridge may have some (there are condos that I know rent out, and probably some townhouses) and also you may want to look at Springhouse, there may be some there. Both of those developments are in SF.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:57 AM

82 posts, read 266,119 times
I don't have an exact price range just yet. My salary hasn't yet been negotiated yet and it can be within a broad spectrum taking a lot of factors into account. Sorry that doesn't help much right now but I should know by the end of next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh