Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 04:00 PM

201 posts, read 828,943 times

Advertisements

just wanted to comment on how beautiful the city is! bridges, water and a skyline really are impressive. i was driving in from the airport last night, came out of the tunnel and was shocked at how breathtaking the scene fo the city was.

not sure much about neighborhoods, things to do, etc., but as an outside looking in, seems like Pittsburgh is a lovely place to live.

I'm staying next door to the Pirates field, whats a great restaurant walking distance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 04:07 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,254,431 times
On the North Side, I always liked Max's Allegheny Tavern at Middle and Suismon. Its a little bit of a walk but not too bad and pretty flat.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:11 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Max's is okay, but if you want better food, how about Six Penn. Not far, just across the bridge, plus it is a nice walk. Here is the address.

146 6th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Old 06-08-2011, 04:26 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
visiting this Summer and am very excited

Old 06-08-2011, 04:33 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Here are two websites to places I can actually recommend:

Monterey Pub The North sides Finest, Pittsburgh, PA

Six Penn Kitchen (http://www.sixpennkitchen.com/whatsnew.aspx - broken link)

Both of these places are local and good.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:56 PM

110 posts, read 193,644 times
And If you want to take in a Ball game while in town the tickets are really affordable and the food is great, You have some of the best wings in the area The Lube, you got Primanti's in there too and other good vendors and Park food, so check to see if they are planning , because if you love the view coming in you will be in shock of the view from the ball stadium, it has been counted as one of the top ten best views at a sports venue, and that is something to say, plus the food is good, but in Pittsburgh the food usually goes from decent to good to great, it is rare to find a place that is bad because they do not last long and you never hear of them anyway and Heinz field offers free tours on the weekdays but you have to get there by a certain time to get in on a tour and if you were in Pittsburgh about 20-30 years ago than you would not believe how dirty Pittsburgh was their program of cleaning the building has really changed it, plus if you get a chance to head up to Mount Washington on the incline and take a gander at that view at night and check out the photos from Pittsburgh in the passenger building you will see the big difference, it just blows your mind especially the one that was taken at noon and it looks like the middle of the night.
Enjoy your stay.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 PM

783 posts, read 2,021,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
visiting this Summer and am very excited
You're coming all the way from Antarctica??? How's the weather? Here, it was 93 today with 10000% humidity, so Antarctica sounds like a sweet vacation spot right now.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:12 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times
There are a lot of places just across the bridges in Downtown that I would recommend--Six Penn, Seviche, Nine on Nine, The Sharp Edge, Elements, and Tonic, just to name a few.

Then there is Meat & Potatoes, a new place I am very interested in trying.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:39 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
Never imagined I would be considering this, but some contacts are setting me up in Pittsburg and I am just tired of the Lehizzle Valley-Filthy nonsense This may be a great change. I need to know of a dive bar where I can play Tom Waits

Old 06-09-2011, 06:37 AM

440 posts, read 549,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
There are a lot of places just across the bridges in Downtown that I would recommend--Six Penn, Seviche, Nine on Nine, The Sharp Edge, Elements, and Tonic, just to name a few.

Then there is Meat & Potatoes, a new place I am very interested in trying.

Those are all great choices, I haven't been to Meat and Potatoes, but hear nothing but love.

IT is hard to give advice on places to eat without any guidelines.. ALSO GO TO A PIRATE GAME it is cheap and even if you don't like baseball a great venue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh