Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
I recall when that was a French restaurant, though I never ate there. Something interesting that may tell the story:
PIZZUTTI INC v. COMMONWEALTH, , June 08, 2009 - PA Commonwealth Court | FindLaw
Very interesting, thank you for passing that on.

We met and got to know Susan. She was there virtually every night. I think she is also a realator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Went to Willow last week, great Mac and Cheese with lobster.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,690,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Went to Willow last week, great Mac and Cheese with lobster.
Hope you didn't put ketchup in it.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 AM

606 posts, read 944,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Lots of great memories there, hope that something just as special opens up.
Someplace that has a similar vibe to me -- and I'd go very soon, before the weather cools down again, because this is somewhere you want to sit on the back patio -- is Cafe du Jour on the South Side, on Carson near (I think) 10th. It's a French place, BYOB & cash only, and tiny, but I've had a couple very nice dinners there. Their lunch menu is pretty casual, while their dinner menu is upscale bistro fare.

You might also try Mercurio's on Walnut, if you've not tried their pizza/antipasti menu. I've been a few times with people who could eat the pizza and they said it was phenomenal -- homemade mozzarella, everything very fresh, etc. I've had some pretty impeccable salads and a good charcuterie plate there. It's a lot more crowded than Pizzutti's ever was because the gelato is so popular, but overall it's usually my first choice in Shadyside for a nice lunch these days.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
Hope you didn't put ketchup in it.
Nah, hot sauce.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
ranch dressing only!

Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijl Council View Post
Someplace that has a similar vibe to me -- and I'd go very soon, before the weather cools down again, because this is somewhere you want to sit on the back patio -- is Cafe du Jour on the South Side, on Carson near (I think) 10th. It's a French place, BYOB & cash only, and tiny, but I've had a couple very nice dinners there. Their lunch menu is pretty casual, while their dinner menu is upscale bistro fare.

You might also try Mercurio's on Walnut, if you've not tried their pizza/antipasti menu. I've been a few times with people who could eat the pizza and they said it was phenomenal -- homemade mozzarella, everything very fresh, etc. I've had some pretty impeccable salads and a good charcuterie plate there. It's a lot more crowded than Pizzutti's ever was because the gelato is so popular, but overall it's usually my first choice in Shadyside for a nice lunch these days.
Another one of my small, quaint finds that I ran across when I first moved here was La Casa Tapas bar on Ellsworth, on the very end of the shopping/dinning strip. The name is still on it, not sure if it is still open. Loved it there.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
Latest roundup from Pop City:

Eat + Drink: Wigle's aged whiskey released; Noodlehead; Franktuary; and a new speakeasy downtown

I'll have to look into some of those Wigle products.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:47 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,690,619 times
I still haven't gotten to try any of the Wigle, although I have heard good things from some friends who have visited. The wheat whiskey in particular peaks my interest.

And the new bar in William Penn looks awesome. I was hoping to check it out this weekend, but unfortunately I have to attend a stuffy Christmas party instead.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 AM

606 posts, read 944,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
I'll have to look into some of those Wigle products.
Mr. SC is very into their stuff. We've got some of the rye, white whiskey, and ginever. He especially likes the white whiskey as a cocktail base since it's pretty neutral. Apparently the ginever is tasty but definitely unusual for a gin-like spirit -- more herbal and fragrant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester
Another one of my small, quaint finds that I ran across when I first moved here was La Casa Tapas bar on Ellsworth, on the very end of the shopping/dinning strip. The name is still on it, not sure if it is still open. Loved it there.
I used to love that place too! Haven't been in a year or so, though, and that just for drinks -- now that they've switched from a Spanish menu to a more Moroccan menu there's just not as much I can eat there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh