Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:31 AM

9,345 posts, read 13,010,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
How dare I say there ins't a concentration of Jews in Fox Chapel.
You seem quite oblivious to the fact that it wasn't what you said that ruffled my feathers, but how you said it. Saying "Fox Chapel is not a very Jewish area" is a lot different than "Fox Chapel isn't very Jewish, but why should you care so much anyway? In this day and age... etc, etc"

Old 10-19-2011, 09:44 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
You said you were done with this thread, curtis.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:50 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Well stated.

It sure is interesting how people will jump on me for an opinion and call me a Nazi and an "anti-Semite". Wow. If someone starts two threads wanting to be around a "Jewish population" the answer is Squirrel Hill. If they want a suburb with some Jewish people, the answer is ALL of them. I don't think there are pockets outside of Squirrel Hill. Would I suggest Springdale? No, but Oakmont and all over the place closer to the city. Are there Jewish people in Fox Chapel, O'Hara? Of course, just like any other area. Is there a concentration of them? No.

I guess my answer, because I don't agree with some is just easily labeled a Nazi's view or some anti-Semite opinion. Lord knows I shouldn't dare have an opinion different than someone else that might offend someone? How dare I say there ins't a concentration of Jews in Fox Chapel. What would I know being that I am on my third home in Fox Chapel. How dare I give such an opinion. I am a Nazi and should be on the block!

What a place!
Would you prefer to just be called a jagoff?

Old 10-19-2011, 10:14 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
You seem quite oblivious to the fact that it wasn't what you said that ruffled my feathers, but how you said it. Saying "Fox Chapel is not a very Jewish area" is a lot different than "Fox Chapel isn't very Jewish, but why should you care so much anyway? In this day and age... etc, etc"
I am totally lost on that one. I type fast and speak plainly. If I was Jewish, I would be all over that JCC. That place is more than nice and has a very good feel.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:27 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Quote:
I am totally lost on that one. I type fast and speak plainly. If I was Jewish, I would be all over that JCC. That place is more than nice and has a very good feel.
You don't need to be Jewish to join the JCC. Perhaps if you consider your own resistance to joining the JCC since you're not Jewish, you might gain some insight into why the OP has some interest in knowing what areas do have a Jewish presence.

For the OP - the JCC (Jewish Community Center) does have high quality facilities and a variety of programs - including cultural and religious. In fact, whether or not the OP wishes to join the JCC, it could be a good resource for some of his questions here.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,293,640 times
My family belonged to the JCC and we're not Jewish. In fact my brother grew up in their after-school program and learned to swim there.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
I belonged to the old JCC back in the Oakland days, they take anyone, even big dumb white Presby boys.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:34 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
You don't need to be Jewish to join the JCC. Perhaps if you consider your own resistance to joining the JCC since you're not Jewish, you might gain some insight into why the OP has some interest in knowing what areas do have a Jewish presence.

For the OP - the JCC (Jewish Community Center) does have high quality facilities and a variety of programs - including cultural and religious. In fact, whether or not the OP wishes to join the JCC, it could be a good resource for some of his questions here.
You clearly have not read this thread. I have already stated I would join the JCC if I was closer. I know you don't have to be Jewish to join, which I stated as well. I also said it was the nicest place to workout in Pittsburgh, which you agree with. I have to say, if someone feels an area isn't "Jewish" I guess they are a Nazi. It is truly shocking how I was treated on this thread.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:38 AM
gg

Here is what I stated earlier to get people up to speed:

...belong to the Jewish Community Center. You don't have to be Jewish to be a member and if I lived next to that place I would join it in a heartbeat. It is awesome and IMHO, the best place to workout in Pittsburgh.

Here is the link, since people all want to join up and say...."oh my he is some Nazi!" What a joke!

Jewish Suburban Pittsburgh

Old 10-19-2011, 10:41 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I belonged to the old JCC back in the Oakland days, they take anyone, even big dumb white Presby boys.
I used to go to the IKC (rhymes with "yikes") on Bellefield Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh