Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:55 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Yeah I was switching between that and another good pens game and noticed what looked like them being in the convention center. I never really heard of them doing the actual auditions in the convention center.
I think that's because it's kept as much of secret as possible to protect the judges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
I'll take 2% yinzerdom and 98% glorious backdrop in terms of Pittsburgh marketing.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,135,076 times
So Atlanta's paper has something to say about it

‘American Idol’ recap: season 11, audition city #2 Pittsburgh | Radio & TV Talk

I haven't watched the show in the past but apparently this episode was minus the "bad singers".

Quote:
This is the first time “Idol” has ever gone to Pittsburgh for auditions. And this may be the first time in 11 seasons that “Idol” did not feature even a few moments of a godawful singer. Even the one singer featured who didn’t make it through wasn’t cringe-worthy.
And even this guy things the last girl will go far.

Quote:
And there’s no doubt the final singer Hallie Day will make the final 42. She has that special something about her.
There is at least one Pittsburgh girl in the bunch. The girl who sings better when her sister planks. She planked in front of her during the audition. Even the planking sister got a yellow ticket. So one sister will sing on stage and the other will plank in front of her? Between the fat guy at the beginning and the planking sister...the rest of the country will think Pittsburghers are very strange.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:03 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Between the fat guy at the beginning and the planking sister...the rest of the country will think Pittsburghers are very strange.
No stranger than all the idiots in other cities who need Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson to tell them that they're no good at singing.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
No stranger than all the idiots in other cities who need Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson to tell them that they're no good at singing.
That's the norm across the country. For some reason, they chose to eliminate them at Heinz Field. As the Atlanta paper points out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC
This turn towards the positive is clearly an emphasis on the "warmth" and "humanity" that Nigel Lythgoe is pushing.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:11 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
I hadn't watched any Idol for a long time, but I also was surprised there were no mockable singers--I thought they had changed the formula in general.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:11 PM

The Trib did a story on it.

Nine singers from region earn golden tickets on 'American Idol' - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

According to them there are in fact 9 Western PAers of the 38 going to Hollywood. Over 12,000 turned up at Heinz Field and from there it was whittled down to about 200. Still makes me wonder how did they pre-audition 12,000 people.

They gave the Savannah audition 2 hours while Pittsburgh only got 1 hour. And the next audition is in San Diego on an aircraft carrier. If they get 2 hours then I'll cry foul! Maybe the Pittsburgh segment wasn't interesting enough for 2 hours of material? Interesting for SD to stage the auditions on an aircraft carrier but it doesn't really speak to San Diego other than it is a navy town. Pittsburgh's backdrop looked better than Savannah's and from the previews, San Diego's looks ridiculous. But Savannah is very old and not a much developed town so they could show off its historic charm.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 AM

346 posts, read 537,341 times
YAY for 9 idols from WEPA making it to Hollywood... would be nice if we some of them in Hollywood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh