Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 03:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,356 times

Advertisements

Interesting simetime. i wonder if the guys in prison hate molesters because they are made to be less then they are. And somehow helps their self esteem. Or were they abused as children and they acted out in a different way then the sex offender. Not all offenders are sexual. Each and everyone in prison is and offender. Lets keep that first and foremost. Very few will say they are guilty. It was all a lie I'm not supposed to be here and so on. So to give any of them credit for knowing something is only opening yourself up. Really they are all in there for doing something wrong. No sin is larger then another. They have all committed crimes. Just some acted out sexually and others killed someone. maybe they took your money or car. What ever they are not a reliable source to judge anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Actually, everyone in prison is NOT guilty of the crime that they are accused of. Due to the inequalities of the legal system there are more and more individuals sent to jail due to everything from crooked cops to incompetent lawyers. The reason many convicts do not like child SEXUAL predators is b/c many of them were sexually abused or have children or family members that were or could be victims. Many of the predators are segregated from the general population for their own safety. This often depends on the severity of their crime. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, there is a heirarchy in prison depending on the crime committed and the length of time being served. Murderers doing life are on the top of the chain and lesser offenses robbery, assaults, drugs ect. fall inline after that. Rapist and child predators are at the bottom of the "food chain" and usually becomes someones B**ch. In prison their grapevine is pretty good, if you were accused of something that you did'nt do or bragged about something that you did and did'nt, the inmates would know. I guess what I'm saying is that it really does not matter to them if they think you are a child molestor they will treat you accordingly

Old 04-06-2009, 08:15 PM

You as an adult can rationalize about what happened to you and make adjustments in the future as to what to do if put in a similiar situation again. A child cannot understand what or why that particuliar thing happened to them and it becomes part of their mental composition for unfortunately the rest of their lives

Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Sorry, but sex offenders are incurable sickos who will always be tempted and never be cured, it is ingrained in their genes. I would rather have an ex-murderer living next door.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 PM

66 posts, read 226,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
Yeah that's how I feel, especially if they've served what the state deems lawful.
WOW, it is refreshing to see that not everyone's is joining the lynchmob against sex offenders. I agree that crimes should be punished but also agree that once you've served your time your punishment should be over. If a convicted person is still deemed dangerous then he should still be behind bars. One big problem with the registry is that society in general views it as a list of child molesters. In fact a large portion of the registry is crimes committed against other adults. I'm NOT saying that's any better, but the misconception that anyone on these lists is a pedofile tends to create a mass hysteria of sorts, in my opinion.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:32 PM

Aveojohn, I completely agree with you. I rather have an ex-murderer live next to me than a childmolestor. A murderer may have killed b/c he was defending his family, himself or even killed someone accidentally or better yet caught someone molesting a child and killed them

Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyval View Post
WOW, it is refreshing to see that not everyone's is joining the lynchmob against sex offenders. I agree that crimes should be punished but also agree that once you've served your time your punishment should be over. If a convicted person is still deemed dangerous then he should still be behind bars. One big problem with the registry is that society in general views it as a list of child molesters. In fact a large portion of the registry is crimes committed against other adults. I'm NOT saying that's any better, but the misconception that anyone on these lists is a pedofile tends to create a mass hysteria of sorts, in my opinion.
Add those found guilty of statutory rape in areas of the country where there is no Romeo & Juliet law and a Romeo & Juliet law would have eliminated guilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh