Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 11:57 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,720,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
I'm saying that you posted an idiotic comment with zero facts to back it up. If you want to claim that there is basically a kickback scheme going on, then I think you have to back that up. What kind of "rewards" are the governor's "friends" getting that are unusual for other state budgets?

I'll just leave this here.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:09 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I'm sorry, did that have something to do with the topic? Again, if you or Brian would like to do a comparative analysis between PA and other state budgets, then would we be able to see the vast rewards that Corbett is offering large businesses, police, and corrections officers. Then we would be able to see how grossly out of character their pay is with what other states are paying. And after you and Brian get done with that, do a report on Rendell's scumbag dealings with the teachers' union and their rewards.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, did that have something to do with the topic? Again, if you or Brian would like to do a comparative analysis between PA and other state budgets, then would we be able to see the vast rewards that Corbett is offering large businesses, police, and corrections officers. Then we would be able to see how grossly out of character their pay is with what other states are paying. And after you and Brian get done with that, do a report on Rendell's scumbag dealings with the teachers' union and their rewards.
I don't think it's our job to hold your hand to review information that is given to you directly. You wanted facts about who his "friends" are and who is giving him kickbacks so that you can cross reference who this new budget benefits and there you have it.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,095,574 times
Quote:
What I read:

"Yeah, take that you eggheads with your facts and learned informed opinions. Why don't you just go draft another report, or two and then watch me not read it....hah, that will serve you. Don't you understand anything you stupid liberals. Don't you understand that all government spending is wrong except that which buys bullets and handcuffs? The only regulations that are good came from Moses and it doesn't even matter if you break those as long as your not gay or black or something really awful like that. Oh and Rendell was from Philadelphia so deal with that, game...set...match."

Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I don't think it's our job to hold your hand to review information that is given to you directly. You wanted facts about who his "friends" are and who is giving him kickbacks so that you can cross reference who this new budget benefits and there you have it.
It's your job to come up with FACTS to back up your CLAIMS. Sending a link to campaign contributions does not equal a kickback scheme in my mind. Perhaps it does it your world, I dunno. And, I didn't ask who his "friends" were. Someone else did. Brian listed organizations and I didn't dispute that. I'm looking for evidence that the budget rewards them, while punishes Corbett's "enemies". I'm looking for evidence that these supposed "rewards" are anything out of the ordinary from what other states compensate their police or corrections officers. Or out of the ordinary from what tax breaks other states give large employers. Campaign contributions really tells half the story. It's your belief, convince me that something shady is going on here, otherwise take off the tinfoil hat. So, yeah, maybe you should hold my hand and walk me through all of this. Remember, I don't live in the East End. I'm not as intelligent, sophisticated, tolerant, or progressive as you and Brian.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:27 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,095,574 times
Quote:
It's your job to come up with FACTS to back up your CLAIMS. Sending a link to campaign contributions does not equal a kickback scheme in my mind. Perhaps it does it your world, I dunno. And, I didn't ask who his "friends" were. Someone else did. Brian listed organizations and I didn't dispute that. I'm looking for evidence that the budget rewards them, while punishes Corbett's "enemies". I'm looking for evidence that these supposed "rewards" are anything out of the ordinary from what other states compensate their police or corrections officers. Or out of the ordinary from what tax breaks other states give large employers. Campaign contributions really tells half the story. It's your belief, convince me that something shady is going on here, otherwise take off the tinfoil hat. So, yeah, maybe you should hold my hand and walk me through all of this. Remember, I don't live in the East End. I'm not as intelligent, sophisticated, tolerant, or progressive as you and Brian.
One person characterized it as a "kickback scheme"...you.

Why do conservative always feel the need to play the martyr card...seriously, I'm curious?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:28 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
Quote:
I'm saying that you posted an idiotic comment with zero facts to back it up.
Usually I get accused of having too many facts in my posts, and generally for lack of brevity, so this is refreshing.

Quote:
If you want to claim that there is basically a kickback scheme going on, then I think you have to back that up.
Read the article and you can see which budget areas are being cut, and which are either staying the same or growing. I trust you are capable of doing that for yourself, and that is what I was referring to.

Quote:
Put up a comparison chart to show how out of line these "rewards" are. . . . Please also cite the page of the budget that you found this on and the paragraph.
I don't take homework assignments from random Internet posters.

Quote:
And, finally, Marcellus and their tax-free status, which is so different from the massive tax that Rendell put on them. Corbett's view on this has been the same since he was running for election. There are no payoffs, no rewards for his buddies. No tax increases was the basis of his campaign.
Um, that makes no sense. They donated massively to his campaign, so of course this has always been part of his platform including during his campaign.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobick View Post
What I read:

"Yeah, take that you eggheads with your facts and learned informed opinions. Why don't you just go draft another report, or two and then watch me not read it....hah, that will serve you. Don't you understand anything you stupid liberals. Don't you understand that all government spending is wrong except that which buys bullets and handcuffs? The only regulations that are good came from Moses and it doesn't even matter if you break those as long as your not gay or black or something really awful like that. Oh and Rendell was from Philadelphia so deal with that, game...set...match."

A sad, straw man argument is a desperate attempt by a pathetic individual whom cannot come up with a rational defense to his/her own talking points. As much as I sometimes get annoyed with Brian's political leanings, I do respect him, and he's head and shoulders above a crass, uneducated nobody like you. I'm sure he's embarrassed to have you defend him.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
So basically this is one big whine while you put your fingers in your ears and go "la la la can't hear you". Here's some more information for you to digest sweety. Not that it matters since being a partisan shill takes priority over facts.

Also I don't live anywhere near the East End and am so far removed from the stereotypical LIBRUL. Nice try though.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Are you sure about that? He seems to have a lot of fans, and PA, unfortunately, is a very conservative state given its location within the country.
PA isn't RADICALLY conservative, notwithstanding the 2010 election results. Specifically, its Republicans have historically been more Chamber-of-Commerce, Eisenhower types. This Tea Party/Culture Warriors takeover is relatively recent, and reflects the shrinkage of the state party down to just its most radical core over the last few cycles.

The problem is a lot of people think Corbett is an old-school Republican--whether that (mistaken) impression can be reversed is the central question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh