Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Yep, the Keystone Cops are on the job. It will be about impossible to catch this person or people. Maybe it will turn out to be a protest due to the outrageous prices of college and the massive debts these kids start out life with.
...and increased costs due to security will be rolled into next year's tuition! What will be interesting to see is how this affects enrollment, especially if the threats continue throughout the summer and buildings continue to be evacuated. I'd think twice if I wanted to deal with that as an incoming freshman.

What I'm waiting to see is how long before every building on campus is targeted at once and there is a mass evacuation. So far I think the most targeted simultaneously is 7, which is pretty small time considering how many buildings Pitt has and how ambitious this would be bomber (or bombers) seems to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 03:13 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
No evacuations today? Is it just becoming too ho hum to report or (dare I hope) did they catch the jerk?

Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,920,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
No evacuations today? Is it just becoming too ho hum to report or (dare I hope) did they catch the jerk?
There were evacuations today. At 9:20 this morning: Barco Law Building, Holland North and South, and Lothrop were evacuated.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM

423 posts, read 629,215 times
Also a bomb threat this morning at Winchester-Thurston, a private K-12 in Shadyside.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolitaryThrush View Post
Also a bomb threat this morning at Winchester-Thurston, a private K-12 in Shadyside.
I'm almost sure that is a copy-cat though.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 PM

423 posts, read 629,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
I'm almost sure that is a copy-cat though.
Oh, no doubt. I put the CCAC, Point Park, and CMU threats in that category, too. I'll bet they'll have an easier time catching the W-T one, though.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolitaryThrush View Post
Oh, no doubt. I put the CCAC, Point Park, and CMU threats in that category, too. I'll bet they'll have an easier time catching the W-T one, though.
Surely. I bet that was a highschooler thinking it was a joke. Did you hear about the two transvestities that were taken into custody over the weekend? After reading into it, I'm relatively certain they are part of it. They are both Computer Science majors, have a strong hatred of the University, and generally don't care much about the world. Makes sense.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:34 PM

875 posts, read 1,490,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Surely. I bet that was a highschooler thinking it was a joke. Did you hear about the two transvestities that were taken into custody over the weekend? After reading into it, I'm relatively certain they are part of it. They are both Computer Science majors, have a strong hatred of the University, and generally don't care much about the world. Makes sense.
Surely seems "convenient" enough, no?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala26 View Post
Surely seems "convenient" enough, no?
True, but you have to look at facts. An article in the paper from the weekend said that they refused to let the FBI look through their computers.... I mean if I was getting convicted or even just questioned by the FBI and I was innocent, I'd let them look through my computer..... right?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:59 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,883,891 times
More specifics: Transgender man linked to Pitt bomb-threat investigation claims discrimination - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Seems to line up with the use of the web server that caters to progressive groups for anonymous emailings & such where some of the threats originated from.

I also vehemently disgree with the server company refusing to cooperate with the FBI - I am 100% against SOPA & increased governmental intervention in regards to the internet, but refusing to cooperate with authorities investigating what is very obvious criminal activity just adds ammunition to those that are campaigning for these laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh