Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I Plan to Vote For...
Josh Wander (R) 15 26.32%
Jake Wheatley (D) 1 1.75%
A.J. Richardson (D) 6 10.53%
Bill Peduto (D) 29 50.88%
Jack Wagner (D) 6 10.53%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 07:05 AM

32,619 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
For two reasons: One is likely non-City resident's voting for the Republican in your poll for obvious reasons.
UGH! I suppose reading comprehension isn't a strong point for people of this sub-forum then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
For two reasons: One is likely non-City resident's voting for the Republican in your poll for obvious reasons. The other being - and this is purely observational - it seems that a lot of the users on CD tend to skew Republican.
Or people who don't even live in Pennsylvania voted in the poll.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
UGH! I suppose reading comprehension isn't a strong point for people of this sub-forum then!
I'm sure it's more mischievous behavior than lack of comprehension.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,897,487 times
Quote:
For two reasons: One is likely non-City resident's voting for the Republican in your poll for obvious reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Or people who don't even live in Pennsylvania voted in the poll.
I knew from these 2 caveats this poll didn't stand a chance from the Beginning......I didn't vote because I don't live in the Burgh...

I but do think Peduto offers the best chance to continue and build on that Progressive Forward thinking vision and implementation that I loved about Lukester!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 AM

32,619 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Meh. Not a huge deal. My future polls will just be public.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 AM

894 posts, read 1,325,569 times
I'd vote Richardson if he didn't have all them darn tattoo's smh!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit2atl View Post
I'd vote Richardson if he didn't have all them darn tattoo's smh!
Are you serious? I don't know anything about Richardson, but I'm blown away tattoos matter to you that much.

Last edited by Hopes; 04-26-2013 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: added "matter"

Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 AM

894 posts, read 1,325,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Are you serious? I don't know anything about Richardson, but I'm blown away tattoos to you that much.
His vision toward crime and less privilege has some allure. I wish Luke would stay honestly, because Wander and Peduto gives me the impression they just want to be in office to have a Johnson swinging contest. Idk honestly it's a lose lose situation in my opinion.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 AM

172 posts, read 333,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I've noticed many white-collars and East Enders are in the bag for Peduto while blue-collars and union-supporters have Wagner's back. I have a feeling this will turn out to be a race where more older people and the working-class will overwhelmingly support Wagner while younger people and liberal professionals will ally themselves with Peduto. This being the case I feel as if Peduto will edge out Wagner, but we shall see.
I don't understand the logic here. There are more older people and working-class people in the city than there are younger people and liberal professionals. That's changing, but it hasn't changed enough to make Pittsburgh a city electorally dominated by young people and professionals. Moreover, older people are more likely to vote in the first place, and to vote for the "endorsed candidate" (Wagner) in the second place.

I live in Highland Park, so I see lots of young people, liberal professionals, and Peduto yard signs on a day-to-day basis, which makes it tempting for me to assume that Peduto will win. But I don't see the people on the North Side, in the West End, on the back slope of Mt. Washington (e.g., Brookline) - and I would wager that they will go solidly for Wagner.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:39 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,597,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit2atl View Post
I wish Luke would stay honestly, because Wander and Peduto gives me the impression they just want to be in office to have a Johnson swinging contest.
I think maybe you meant Wagner (who stands a very good chance of winning) and not Wander (who, despite the internet-weirdness of this poll, is not going to win and knows it).

I'm for Peduto because he was willing to run against Luke and Wagner wasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh