Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 06:27 PM

14 posts, read 34,721 times

Advertisements

I have been researching a lot online about Greensburg and Latrobe. My head hurts. Is anyone from that area that can tell me a little more about the 2 towns. Is it possible to find a rental home that has a little land, not much just like half a acre or more. All the homes I have found are bunched up together with hardly any yard. We just bought our first home last year that I LOVE, sad to leave it!! It's in a quiet little neighborhood out in the country but only 8 mins from town, sits on a acre so they kids have room to run and play with no fears of getting ran over. I need somewhere like that. We like the outdoors, parks, trails, playgrounds, movies, ect. Which town seems more family friendly? Any advice, pictures maybe would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 07:00 PM

22,577 posts, read 47,641,955 times
Yes, in the towns themselves the houses are closer together.
Look in Hempfield and/or Unity Townships.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Thank you, are those close to Delmont? That is where my husbands office would be.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Ok lol...what are Unity Townships? I will have to learn all the differences up there. I want somewhere pretty. I loved Ligonier but my husband went there the other day and said it was pretty but to small of a town for us. There is a lot to learn. I will find a town like Like Ligonier, then it will say Ligonier Township or Ligonier Borough (spelling?). It gets confusing.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:01 AM

288 posts, read 511,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_rae View Post
Ok lol...what are Unity Townships? I will have to learn all the differences up there. I want somewhere pretty. I loved Ligonier but my husband went there the other day and said it was pretty but to small of a town for us. There is a lot to learn. I will find a town like Like Ligonier, then it will say Ligonier Township or Ligonier Borough (spelling?). It gets confusing.
For all of these places, Greensburg, Latrobe, and Ligonier, the towns themselves are pretty small and are surrounded by larger, more suburban or rural townships. Greensburg is the biggest town and is surrounded by Hempfield and Unity township and a couple other places. Finding an area with a half acre that is still only 5-10 minutes from the mall, walmart, and restaurants should not be a problem. Latrobe is a little bit more depressed than Greensburg or Ligonier but not dangerous or anything. Ligonier is actually a rather wealthy area with a quaint downtown, but you'll be rather far from most amenities. Greensburg would be the easiest commute to delmont, although none of them would be bad commutes. Delmont itself is pretty rural and still relatively close to Greensburg and Murrysville, and also has several strip malls of its own.

What is your budget like?

Old 02-04-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthecasbah121 View Post
For all of these places, Greensburg, Latrobe, and Ligonier, the towns themselves are pretty small and are surrounded by larger, more suburban or rural townships. Greensburg is the biggest town and is surrounded by Hempfield and Unity township and a couple other places. Finding an area with a half acre that is still only 5-10 minutes from the mall, walmart, and restaurants should not be a problem. Latrobe is a little bit more depressed than Greensburg or Ligonier but not dangerous or anything. Ligonier is actually a rather wealthy area with a quaint downtown, but you'll be rather far from most amenities. Greensburg would be the easiest commute to delmont, although none of them would be bad commutes. Delmont itself is pretty rural and still relatively close to Greensburg and Murrysville, and also has several strip malls of its own.

What is your budget like?
Ahh thanks for the info! We would just be renting for sure so I would like our payments to be between 1000 and 1300 a month.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 AM

For some reason on mapquest it is showing Hempfield to be a few hours away from Delmont???

Old 02-04-2014, 07:18 AM

Nevermind on Hempfield I found it. )

Old 02-04-2014, 07:19 AM

22,577 posts, read 47,641,955 times
??

Hempfield Township is just south of Delmont and goes as far south as New Stanton. It encircles the City of Greensburg.
Are you sure you googled right?

Old 02-04-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
??

Hempfield Township is just south of Delmont and goes as far south as New Stanton. It encircles the City of Greensburg.
Are you sure you googled right?
No I found it...thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh