Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 05:29 PM

419 posts, read 551,945 times

Advertisements

It's the "I don't give a crap" mentality too prevelant here. I mean really, what other explanation can there be? The geography of western PA is absolutely gorgeous, but some of the people here treat it like a giant landfill. Some of my neighbors just throw their trash bags out on the curb with no garbage can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 05:45 PM

419 posts, read 551,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB&J O'Rourke2 View Post
I don't use a garbage can. It's not going to hurt anything.
The only thing it's not hurting are the rats.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:53 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,949,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
I witnessed public urination yesterday at about 5:30 pm at the end of Amberson Ave., down by Negley and Penn. He was facing away from the road, at least, and going in a bush.
In an average work week in western PA, I urinate in the open air at least ten times. I'm on the road all day and public restrooms are few and far between in this region.

Down south and out west, if a place sells gas and/or food, there's a 90% chance that there's a public restroom there too. Around here it's more like 20%. Thank God for all the trees around here and the fact that I was born a male....That's all I can say!

Old 09-14-2013, 11:03 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,807,515 times
A few weeks ago I was driving towards the airport on the Parkway West when I approached an open-topped work truck that had two mattresses and two box springs in the back. At issue was that none of them were tied down in any way, I could see them flopping about freely. I figured I would speed up to pass this guy as the situation seemed dangerous, and right before I started to pass him, one of the mattresses lifted out of the truck and flopped behind it in the right lane. Fortunately no one was close enough that it caused an accident, but it became an obstacle that everyone in the right lane had to avoid by driving on the shoulder. It's not exactly "littering" but it was profoundly careless.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:42 PM

42 posts, read 74,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
I agree. Pittsburgh has more litter than other places I've lived.
I agree as well. So far the worst was pulling out of a gas station a guy threw a what looked like a whole milkshake over his car causing it to explode on the road all over my car....don't get me started on people tossing cigarettes

Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Next week, look forward to exploring Ohiopyle and the Laurel Highlands.
There will be litter there as well. There is litter all over Seven Springs when I ski, litter on the trails around Ohiopyle and just litter all over western PA for some reason. It is just what people do here. It is part of the landscape or shall I say, our landfill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh