Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,646,466 times

Advertisements

Vibrant Pittsburgh puts on Dine Around where Pittsburgh (and close-in 'burbs) residents host dinner for newcomers to the area. You sign up and then receive the address of the dinner you will attend. I went last year and it was a blast. I believe there were 13 different homes hosting newcomers the evening I attended - shows you how many newcomers there are. They had an optional dessert at the Center for Contemporary Craft after that people from all the dinners could attend. It was a very fun evening. Anyway, they are hosting another one on May 31. I had wanted to go, but I'll be out of town.

If you or someone you know would like to go, here's the link to the sign-up form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yQR...PwcmQ/viewform

Here's the letter I received which explains it a bit better than I did:

"Hello:

It's not easy being new in town. Moving and setting up in a new place while attempting to navigate a new work environment can be very challenging and stressful. Pittsburgh, however, is a special and welcoming place to live, and we want to make sure that YOU, your family and other new residents in the region feel the same way.

This is why Vibrant Pittsburgh invites you to a Dine Around on Saturday, May 31, 2014. This will be an evening of welcome and connections for our region’s newest residents.

The concept of Dine Around is not a new one. In fact, since 2010, Vibrant Pittsburgh has held Dine Arounds from time to time to bring together newcomers in the Pittsburgh region for a casual, stress free time of good company and good food. During the course of the Dine Arounds - which are typically held at a home of a welcoming host - we foster opportunities for people to network, connect and obtain information about resources in the region that are most important to them.

On May 31, The Ellis School will serve as our host to hold a special Dine Around event at their facility (Shadyside, 6425 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206). You and a partner, spouse or guest are cordially invited to participate in this special event where you will meet other newcomers to the region. The dinner will start at 7pm and will end around 9pm.

We hope you will be able to join us for a relaxing event of conversation and networking designed to help make your transition a little easier. Space is limited, SIGN UP TODAY! If you know other newcomers interested in attending, feel free to pass this invitation to them: http://bit.ly/May31DAguest.

The Ellis School is the only independent school for girls in the region and serves girls age 3 to grade 12. The Ellis community celebrates diversity, recognizes the collective strength derived from our individual differences, and works to make a difference in the world. You may learn more about Ellis at The Ellis School ~ Ellis at a Glance.

Please send any questions to Emily Ferri, Welcome Center and Outreach Assistant, at emilyf@vibrantpittsburgh.org. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Melanie Harrington
President & CEO, Vibrant Pittsburgh"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: