Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:49 PM

17 posts, read 12,809 times

Advertisements

Lots of wow in this threAd.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:40 PM

6,601 posts, read 9,003,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Perhaps you should think about the children that drugs affect rather than condoning it and turning a blind eye.

Guns and alcohol aren't in the OP's post.
"Think of the children" is just rhetoric; there weren't any children affected in OP's post either. Clearly if kids are being harmed by drug use, or anything at all for that matter, it would qualify as a separate "crime or issue." Guns and alcohol were just a comparison to illustrate my point, which I guess was missed.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:46 PM

27 posts, read 22,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Not enough bang for the buck in the North Side. Yes Mexican War Street homes are beautiful, but right now total gut jobs are 150k on the far northern end of the neighborhood. At that point I have to walk 5 blocks to witness the homeless poop in the park. Not worth it to me. At least the total gut jobs in Lawrenceville provide ample things to do on Butler Street

I've worked with many homeless people over the years, most recently, the men at Light of Life on North Avenue. Unless they are dealing with severe mental illness, they are NOT "pooping in the park." Just like the rest of us, people experiencing homelesness have dignity, and the vast majority know where it's appropriate to poop and where it's not.

My husband and I have spent a lot of time with our kids at the playground in the park at Allegheny Commons, and we've never seen anyone using the park as their toilet. It's a nice park and I've never once felt like the presence of the shelter across the street, nor its residents have detracted from our enjoyment of it.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:47 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
Meh, unless drug using/dealing is accompanied by other crimes or issues, I don't really care about it.
Point wasn't missed at all. Guns and alcohol have zero to do with the post and both are legal as long as one is of age.

Condoning dealing/using drugs as you see it is a non issue, when in fact it causes/leads to huge issues, especially when off-white colored rocks are involved.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:54 PM

6,601 posts, read 9,003,140 times
Quote:
Point wasn't missed at all. Guns and alcohol have zero to do with the post. Condoning dealing/using drugs as you see it is a non issue, when in fact it causes/leads to huge issues...and again props to the OP for not having the same blind eye.
You don't see how some people can (and do) make the same argument about guns and alcohol?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:56 PM

664 posts, read 808,688 times
And what exactly did OP accomplish by calling the police, really?

Did he solve the drug problem? One dealer off the streets for a half-hour? Woo hoo.

And what about the customer? All of a sudden he doesn't need those drugs anymore?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
You don't see how some people can (and do) make the same argument about guns and alcohol?
As long as one is of proper age guns and alcohol aren't illegal. If you'd like to start a thread about guns and alcohol it's a different argument.

The post refers to a drug deal and you condoning it and it's use.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
And what exactly did OP accomplish by calling the police, really?

Did he solve the drug problem? One dealer off the streets for a half-hour? Woo hoo.

And what about the customer? All of a sudden he doesn't need those drugs anymore?
Pretty sure his point was that if more people did the same then it's not just 1 person. I'm surprised but obviously shouldn't be at the agreement of turning the blind eye and condoning it, especially with all of the threads that pop up complaining about the problem. Complaining about it is always easier than actually doing something about it.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:01 PM

27 posts, read 22,443 times
Quote:
The post refers to a drug deal and you condoning it and it's use.
I don't think anyone here is condoning open air drug dealing, they are simply questioning whether calling 911 is the best way of stopping it.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNYB View Post
I don't think anyone here is condoning open air drug dealing, they are simply questioning whether calling 911 is the best way of stopping it.
Really, it certainly is expressed more than once. Have you seen other options listed? "White rocks" are a serious issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh