Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:30 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times

Advertisements

As we all knew would happen, Wolf is going to chase jobs away with his short sided thinking. Shell might as well move over to Ohio or another state that isn't looking to take a pile of money off the top. Jobs lost, people moving there for work, taxes being collected on all levels, all probably not going to happen because Wolf (the new tax man) wants to stick it to companies that can easily move to a state that doesn't want to gouge. Sure people on here will say, they should pay more, etc. etc, but lets watch the companies move out. Pennsylvania is a HORRIBLE state for taxes on all levels. My state tax bill alone make me want to get out of here. I would have a HUGE wage increase if I was in DE or FL. What can you say about a state that still has a Johnstown Flood Tax going? New liquor tax. They keep raising more and more taxes and we keep getting less and less for it.

Wolf tax proposal puts Beaver County Shell plant at risk | eaglefordtexas.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:49 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,601,583 times
This is exactly the kind of nonsense that makes taxes higher on regular people by exempting special interests. The tax Wolf wants to put on gas extraction is just putting us in line with every other state that has significant drilling. Why should we make it cheaper for the drillers. So they pollute our rivers first?

http://www.ncsl.org/research/energy/...nce-taxes.aspx

Wolf has very good proposals to cut the overall tax rate on business and close loopholes. It's exactly the sorts of reforms needed.

Governor Wolf proposes halving key corporate tax in Pennsylvania | TribLIVE

There are going to be some new revenue needed because Corbett did four years of nothing.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:49 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Hey, Corbett may have been a yutz but you guys elected the PA version of MD's Martin O'Malley (he of 40 tax increases in 8 years).

Wait until Wolf turns PA into a sanctuary state for illegals and lets them get driver's licenses.

BOHICA.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:04 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,613,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
As we all knew would happen, Wolf is going to chase jobs away with his short sided thinking. Shell might as well move over to Ohio or another state that isn't looking to take a pile of money off the top. Jobs lost, people moving there for work, taxes being collected on all levels, all probably not going to happen because Wolf (the new tax man) wants to stick it to companies that can easily move to a state that doesn't want to gouge. Sure people on here will say, they should pay more, etc. etc, but lets watch the companies move out. Pennsylvania is a HORRIBLE state for taxes on all levels. My state tax bill alone make me want to get out of here. I would have a HUGE wage increase if I was in DE or FL. What can you say about a state that still has a Johnstown Flood Tax going? New liquor tax. They keep raising more and more taxes and we keep getting less and less for it.

Wolf tax proposal puts Beaver County Shell plant at risk | eaglefordtexas.com
Well if more long sided experts like you were in charge we would all be much better off.
All those short sided experts with their fancy book learning could learn a thing or two from "common sense" long sided views of the world. For all intensive purposes, Pennsylvania businesses should pay no tax. But it's all a mute point, since I am always for pacific policy suggestions that improve the region.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:06 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,830,067 times
I agree that wolf's plan for halving the corporate tax is exactly the kind of change the state needs. the shell deal was exactly the sort of corporate giveaway that never worked for the state. You're right that corbett basically continued Rendell s string of budget gimmicks and neither changed the states liabilities nor raised its revenue. I don't like wolf's extremist plcb stance but he's going to have to wheel and deal with the legislature anyway. I can only imagine what kind of person would be worrying about illegal immigrants getting licenses in pa. Certainly not the kind of person able to move this state forward.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:07 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,095,360 times
I think the oil companies should pay for the tuition and fees of all college students in Pennsylvania.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:12 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,613,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Hey, Corbett may have been a yutz but you guys elected the PA version of MD's Martin O'Malley (he of 40 tax increases in 8 years).

Wait until Wolf turns PA into a sanctuary state for illegals and lets them get driver's licenses.

BOHICA.
To go from Pennsylvania tax policy to Hispanic immigration in only two sentences is pretty impressive.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 AM

100 posts, read 93,865 times
Another Democrat with the full support of the USW union driving jobs out of state. Nice.

Rally Supports Candidate Standing Strong on Issues Most Important for Working Families -- PITTSBURGH, Nov. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,601,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

BOHICA.
You're pretty typical of people who people who like Corbett over Wolf. You live in a different state.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,266,159 times
We had the election last fall, and Mr. Wolf was pretty clear in what he said he was going to do.

We'll see how it all works out, but I think the windfall from the extraction tax isn't going to be nearly as much as was promised.

Industrial and drilling firms don't have to stay here and pay, they aren't indentured to the commonwealth and other states are competing for these jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh