Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 08:07 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,946,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
So by you're own admission they may be dangerous.
Anybody could be dangerous from a reductionist point-of-view. That seems to be your M.O.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:08 PM

618 posts, read 692,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
^ Truly made me laugh. Perfect. Deja vu.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:09 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,946,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schwabe View Post
I

Like goddamned clockwork. Didn't even take 48 hours.

Anyway, fearful and threatened middle-aged white men - I'll leave you to it.
I'm all OUTRAGED!!!

Old 11-16-2015, 08:10 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,886,978 times
Quote:
I don't have to prove anything to the ignorant and fearful. Show me the risk. Prove to me that you are 100% sure an attack is coming. Extremes like this help no one and stifle the conversation.

It is certainly amusing that two days after making that faux outrage statement in the minimum wage thread you're engaging in exactly the kind of ridiculous attacks on the Peduto plan as predicted, using the attacks to score cheap points. Those terrorists were by and large Belgian and French citizens. Of course this doesn't fit your narrative.

Sorry if I live in reality. I've lived both in a neighborhood that took in many refugees as well as a Middle eastern country for a time, have you? I might know a bit more about the inclusion of refugees as well as middle eastern cultures then you do.
& last time I checked I haven't reached middle age as of yet.

I'll also bet you've done absolutely nothing about the Syrian conflict other than post on the internet.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:13 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Quote:
I don't have to prove anything to the ignorant and fearful. Show me the risk. Prove to me that you are 100% sure an attack is coming. Extremes like this help no one and stifle the conversation.

It is certainly amusing that two days after making that faux outrage statement in the minimum wage thread you're engaging in exactly the kind of ridiculous attacks on the Peduto plan as predicted, using the attacks to score cheap points. Those terrorists were by and large Belgian and French citizens. Of course this doesn't fit your narrative.

The Paris terrorists targeted young people.

Some haven't noticed.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:13 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,920,320 times
Can someone explain to me what we would consider a win in this situation? It’s a war with no end, but what result would make people happy? Never another attack? Well that isn’t going to happen. I believe the only way that we can even attempt to win in the war against terrorism is to not change who we are and what we believe in. Again, they want us to react this ways. Terrorism is all about reactions, and sadly our reactions at this point are trending towards the ones that they wanted us to give. Granted they are natural reactions, but in troubled times like these it takes more courage to stand up for what you know is right, than to simply allow ones values and beliefs to collapse in on themselves, and in the end let the terrorist claim the win.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:14 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,045,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
May be it's a false flag.

May be they'll be educated.

And maybe it's not and they won't.
A lot of things might happen. I don't worry myself with worst-case scenarios. Even with 1,000 Syrian refugees in the city, I'd still be much more likely to get shot by some random black teenager. Yet despite this, I'm not scared to live around black people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Where do you imagine all those weapons came from that were used?
Eastern Europe, from what I gather.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:17 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
A lot of things might happen. I don't worry myself with worst-case scenarios. Even with 1,000 Syrian refugees in the city, I'd still be much more likely to get shot by some random black teenager. Yet despite this, I'm not scared to live around black people.

Eastern Europe, from what I gather.
Technically, the refugees came into Austria from Eastern Europe too.

C'mon.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:18 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,045,519 times
Quote:
Sorry if I live in reality. I've lived both in a neighborhood that took in many refugees as well as a Middle eastern country for a time, have you? I might know a bit more about the inclusion of refugees as well as middle eastern cultures then you do.
FWIW I think Europe does a much worse job integrating Muslims than America does. Given America's past history has been pretty good overall, I have every confidence we can assimilate the vast majority of whoever comes here.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:20 PM

618 posts, read 692,716 times
Quote:
& last time I checked I haven't reached middle age as of yet.

I'll also bet you've done absolutely nothing about the Syrian conflict other than post on the internet.
You live in a world of absolutes, not reality. The reality is complicated and messy and defies the sort of simplistic analysis you offer. Yes, I have lived in neighborhoods both with refugees and long time immigrants like yourself. Both in Europe and here in the States. Simply claiming knowledge doesn't erase a knee jerk reactionary post history. Nothing you've posted demonstrates anything resembling knowledge or insight on the matter.

And though the "what have you done about it" concern trolling is a favorite on this board, it tends to indicate only that meaningful contribution is escaping you. I'd flip the question around but that would be similarly childish and irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh