Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:50 AM

48 posts, read 49,528 times

Advertisements

Anybody know why the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette or Greensburg newspaper is no longer delivered to Fayette County? We are left out and the local paper (Herald Standard) here is terrible. In fact, used to be that triblive on the web had news for Fayette County, now it's almost all left out. We can't even get the Post-Gazette delivered here except on Sunday. This just started a few weeks ago, the Trib from Greensburg was a great paper, my husband would get it for the sports and I'd wind up reading the rest of it! Now there's nothing. WHY? My husband doesn't want to move to Greensburg or Pittsburgh to get a better paper. sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 05:50 AM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
They stopped delivering north of Armstrong County several years ago so you're just catching up.

I don't know if the Tribune still gets up there or not, it was the last time I was there for a weekend in October.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:27 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters1 View Post
Anybody know why the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette or Greensburg newspaper is no longer delivered to Fayette County? We are left out and the local paper (Herald Standard) here is terrible. In fact, used to be that triblive on the web had news for Fayette County, now it's almost all left out. We can't even get the Post-Gazette delivered here except on Sunday. This just started a few weeks ago, the Trib from Greensburg was a great paper, my husband would get it for the sports and I'd wind up reading the rest of it! Now there's nothing. WHY? My husband doesn't want to move to Greensburg or Pittsburgh to get a better paper. sigh.
Don't you guys have the Internet?

Oh wait. Never mind.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:58 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
A growing trend, sad to say. Fewer and fewer people are reading the news and relying on talk radio and the internet.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:11 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
My husband doesn't want to move to Greensburg or Pittsburgh to get a better paper. sigh.
Move?

Yeah... way better than getting it online.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:02 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,989,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
A growing trend, sad to say. Fewer and fewer people are reading the news and relying on talk radio and the internet.
Paper still beats a tablet while doing a Sudoku or crossword in the bathroom.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:15 PM

The paper is far easier and more interesting than reading it on the internet. But thanks, y'all, for your opinions. Really appreciated it! :-) kind of. Have a happy and wonderful day.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Move?

Yeah... way better than getting it online.
Do ya really think so?

Old 01-24-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
They stopped delivering north of Armstrong County several years ago so you're just catching up.

I don't know if the Tribune still gets up there or not, it was the last time I was there for a weekend in October.
They just stopped delivering in Fayette County last I heard. They were usually sold out by the afternoon, so I guess it has something to do with money and responsibility for delivering it. I heard the Greensburg Tribune was sold, but I could be wrong. At least it's not like Flint -- yet. Or maybe it is, maybe the papers just haven't written about it yet. :-)

Old 01-24-2016, 04:57 PM

32,618 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
The paper is far easier and more interesting than reading it on the internet. But thanks, y'all, for your opinions. Really appreciated it! :-) kind of. Have a happy and wonderful day.
Unfortunately I also don't like the way everything is trending to "digital", either. I will rue the day when I can no longer walk into a Barnes & Noble and PICK UP an actual paperback or hard cover book because everything is on a Nook, Kindle, eReader (or whatever these things are called). Can you do the newspaper's crossword puzzle online? No. Can you get the commercial flyers, coupons, etc. from the newspaper online? No. When my partner is in his therapy appointments I love sitting and reading Whirl, Edible Allegheny, Pittsburgh, and other magazines cover-to-cover. I wouldn't want to read them on a screen instead. I like turning pages!

Oh, and before the anti-SCR crowd starts being contrarian let me remind you I'm in my 20's and DO have an iPhone, iPad, and now a FitBit (belated birthday gift from a good friend!) I STILL prefer SOME things "old-school", though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh