Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 AM

160 posts, read 164,627 times

Advertisements

I notice there are not that many options when it comes to Fashion an beauty, in Pittsburgh. Nordstroms IS opening but, still a bit far to get to.

I like to find out what you are looking for if you heard that a new shop was opening in town. What is Pburgh lacking and I like to see if I can do something to change it.

I so far have notice that you need a non chain boutique with labels that you currently don't have. With prices that are affordable. I went to a few new boutiques in South side and notice they purses where $200 and up and a pair of jeans I tried on were $125 ON SALE. I visited Karma and Original Cin and that is where I found such over priced merchandise that can be bought in NYC for far less. I headed to Chick Downtown and then to a slew of shops in Shady side. Same Price Drama. Over priced merchandise. Same designers same items.

Beauty. Sorry your salons and spas are way behind in the services and products that are being offered.

The men. I think it is time for a all male spa salon like we have in NYC majority of the men who flock to Nickle in NYC are gay but, they have the most beautiful skin and are the best looking men in NYC.

Transgender where do they go to find a size 11 or 12 stiletto? Must they sashay all the way to New York Citay?

It's time for a Fashion and beauty update in this town.

I want to walk out of my Pittsburgh home and see A slew of ladies and men who look like they are on a Fashion Runway. Not Running but sashaying to work...(joke)....Seriously it be nice to see Pittsburgh find its place on the fashion and beaut map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:25 AM

94 posts, read 346,499 times
I work in the South Hills......people out here think its Beverly Hills. I love seeing some of the idiotic things people wear and they think they look "chic". One thing I particularly can't stand are those ridiculously large bug eyes sun glasses that men and women wear.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,324,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSTYLE View Post
I notice there are not that many options when it comes to Fashion an beauty, in Pittsburgh. Nordstroms IS opening but, still a bit far to get to.

I like to find out what you are looking for if you heard that a new shop was opening in town. What is Pburgh lacking and I like to see if I can do something to change it.

I so far have notice that you need a non chain boutique with labels that you currently don't have. With prices that are affordable. I went to a few new boutiques in South side and notice they purses where $200 and up and a pair of jeans I tried on were $125 ON SALE. I visited Karma and Original Cin and that is where I found such over priced merchandise that can be bought in NYC for far less. I headed to Chick Downtown and then to a slew of shops in Shady side. Same Price Drama. Over priced merchandise. Same designers same items.

Beauty. Sorry your salons and spas are way behind in the services and products that are being offered.

The men. I think it is time for a all male spa salon like we have in NYC majority of the men who flock to Nickle in NYC are gay but, they have the most beautiful skin and are the best looking men in NYC.

Transgender where do they go to find a size 11 or 12 stiletto? Must they sashay all the way to New York Citay?

It's time for a Fashion and beauty update in this town.

I want to walk out of my Pittsburgh home and see A slew of ladies and men who look like they are on a Fashion Runway. Not Running but sashaying to work...(joke)....Seriously it be nice to see Pittsburgh find its place on the fashion and beaut map.
I live in Scottsdale, AZ and I LOVE the choices we have here for spas, fashion and beauty! Unfortunately, Pittsburgh is about a hundred years behind.... If you ever do open anything up, let me know, I'll be there. Pittsburghs fashion sense is wearing black and yellow. Sorry, I like Pittsburgh, but a fashionplate it's not. LOL

Old 02-07-2008, 08:23 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
What with this here internet, who needs to go into stores anymore?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,324,361 times
Default decent stores FINALLY come to Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What with this here internet, who needs to go into stores anymore?

Besides, SAKS. Which is a pain in the arse to get to.
SEPHORA! Nordstrom!
*bout time*

LOL

Old 01-03-2010, 03:06 AM

4 posts, read 5,994 times
Compared to New York and L.A., Pgh seems to have almost no interest in fashion and beauty. (or yoga & juice/smoothies, for that matter.) You are all right - wearing sports clothing IS the fashion here. But when I was growing up here and had no other city to compare to, I thought Pgh had as much fashion as every place else. So maybe all of the natives who have lived here all their lives don't see any need to change it. Can't we get a group of stylish, beautiful people together & brainstorm some ideas? I'd love to know a group of like-minded people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh