Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 07:22 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
The place I've seen with the most Steelers stuff is actually 50 States Souvenirs in Breezewood, oddly enough. You've probably never seen so much Steelers stuff in one place if you haven't been.
The Steelers are a key marketing tool for the region, obviously, and State as a whole, believe it or not. Lots and lots of travelers go through Breezewood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM

675 posts, read 2,097,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Spring Hill! I think the views from Spring Hill, especially along Yetta avenue, are the best in the city. To get to spring Hill, just follow the 16th st. bridge to the north side, follow Chestnut and take a right on Itin street. Itin will take you up to the top of Spring Hill and you will witness some of the best views (and most affordable, safest housing) in the city.
I'll agree that Yetta Ave. has some impressive views, and I'm sure they are affordable. I don't know much about Spring Hill, but is Yetta really some of the safest housing in the city? Aren't there projects right around the corner on Buente? I ride my bike through that area at dusk pretty frequently, and I never really know what to think about its safety.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:43 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
LOL You have to go on a Saturday. There are too many people for there to be a lot of pigeons. (Of course, that's a whole other problem, too many people.)

As it stands, I don't go to the Strip that often. Most stuff is not open into the evening, and I don't live close enough to go often on Saturdays. If/when I move closer, perhaps I will utilize it more.

BTW, I don't understand the appeal of Feinberg's as Steelers HQ. There are other useful places to get Steelers stuff, although, true, maybe not too many that have a lot of Steelers party gear. The place I've seen with the most Steelers stuff is actually 50 States Souvenirs in Breezewood, oddly enough. You've probably never seen so much Steelers stuff in one place if you haven't been.
Saturday, is the day, that I normally go down there, when I have to go. My work schedule, during the week, conflicts with the Strip District closing time. Yes there are pigeons down there....too many of them, just creeping out from under some random vendor's table, when you least expect it. I don't play around with the Strip District or Market Square because of my pigeon phobia. My pigeon phobia is not a game. I freeze up, when I see one, and can't move.

BTW, when I shop for Steeler stuff, FEINBERG's isn't even on my radar. I go directly to a street vendor or that store, across from Roland's restaurant. It sits on the corner. Its owned by some Asians. They have SO much Steeler stuff in there, for cheap. Earrings, beer mugs that light up, pajamas, jerseys, t-shirts, bumper stickers, flags, playing cards, etc..etc......they sell EVERYTHING with "Steelers" on it...lmao!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 06:55 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,052,646 times
Default what about Greenfield?

the crest of Bigelow Street!

Bigelow Street/Lydia Street, in the Greenfield neighborhood of the City.

(not to be confused with Bigelow Boulevard in Oakland/Bloomfield/Downtown).

that particular area was actually part of Fort Black, a civil war-era (?) fort. sadly, there is only a small record of it, and after a brief internet search, i found only one quick mention of it.

but the view from there is quite breathtaking and probably adds a good $10k to the price of those homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh