Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 08:04 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times

Advertisements

Proof that the Yinzers never understand how Pittsburgh does a lot better than insular natives give it credit for.

Quote:
Shrinking middle class not as severe in Pittsburgh

The size of the middle class in the Pittsburgh region is shrinking as is generally the case in the U.S., according to a new study, but it may not call for the same hand-wringing connected to the trend nationally.

The reason: The size of the population in the lower-income tier locally also has been shrinking this century, says the Pew Research Center report released last week. Only the upper-income population grew in the seven-county Pittsburgh metropolitan area between 2000 and 2014, based on data the Pew report used from the American Community Survey.

Shrinking middle class not as severe in Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 09:46 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,283,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Proof that the Yinzers never understand how Pittsburgh does a lot better than insular natives give it credit for.
please stop with the slurs

Old 05-16-2016, 09:58 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
No man is an island.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:00 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
As ridiculous as they are it's so much better than always seeing the race card played, which is true Pittsburgh pessimism.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:07 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Quote:
As happy as you are to see the positive numbers in the article BB, you should cut down on the use of yinzer. It may not technically be a slur, but you use the term so often to be negative it essentially is one.

Not all Pittsburgh natives are the idiots posting on the post gazette articles.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:12 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:
But I think most of the complaints here have been about the middle class getting squeezed out - an article which this article actually provides ammunition for.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
I blame this all on Yac.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:09 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
As happy as you are to see the positive numbers in the article BB, you should cut down on the use of yinzer. It may not technically be a slur, but you use the term so often to be negative it essentially is one.

Not all Pittsburgh natives are the idiots posting on the post gazette articles.
Those that hate my negative use of the term "Yinzers" used to describe a VALID mindset within a segment of the local population .... Can simply Block my opinions. Just like I block erieguy and GG/Curtis, because their opinions are simply invalid to me.

I will continue to describe the Local non-evolving, change resisting, local pessimistic, backwards thinking mindset to be one of a Yinzer. I don't know another proper term for this segment of the population, they are a distinct bunch of people.

In Contrast, I hate term "Liberals" used in preoperative connotation by Conservatives to describe anyone with a Progressive vision here on City-Data. I don't see Mods blocking banning the use of the term and "Liberals" is a far more definitive term vs Yinzers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
But I think most of the complaints here have been about the middle class getting squeezed out - an article which this article actually provides ammunition for.
However as the Report states, the Middle Class is not nearly as Squeezed out here as it is in the Rest of the country. Which goes back to my original comment about how Yinzers perceive life to be in the Burgh vs the rest of the Country.

Last edited by Blackbeauty212; 05-16-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 05-16-2016, 11:20 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
It certainly is offensive, but some folks get away with it and some don't. Wonder what would happen if I used a slur in referring to her? Whatever. Some folks just like to throw labels on others and put people down to feel better about themselves. It is what it is, but I don't expect it to stop.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:24 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
In other news...

The population estimate for Pittsburgh coming out later this week should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh