Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:16 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
It's a small chain with locations in Utah, Montana, and Wyoming but then there are randomly three locations in PA as well.

Rib & Chop House Restaurant Locations
That's definitely an interesting geographic distribution. They don't even have any locations in Colorado or the Pacific Northwest, but they have three in western Pennsylvania.

No big deal, though. Diversity in dining is a good thing. Looks like I have a new restaurant to try out next time I'm in Pittsburgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 04:59 AM

58 posts, read 55,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I get what you're saying, but actually they did build a town center with apartments and restaurants, and a couple of shops even I believe. They are right near the new Mylan building. If you lived in one of the new apartments, and they built a grocery store you could conceivably have to drive very little during the week. They also did put in sidewalks to connect things.
The town center looks great. Granted it's still surrounded by a very blah business park, but it's definitely a step in the right direction to bring some semblance of density/urbanization to an area like this. Hopefully a sign of things to come and one day we will see these business parks fully integrate live/work/play rather than continue to be a sea of parking lots. It will never be the utopia that urbanists desire, but it's an important first step in retrofitting these hideous places for the future.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:41 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Cars are becoming more fuel-efficient, so I'm not really worried about pollution like I would have been 10 years ago. Here's hoping oil prices rebound enough for our oil extraction to become profitable again, but not so much that high prices kill the economy. Seems to me like the sweet spot for gasoline is between $2.50 and $3.00 per gallon. Less than $2.50, and our oil reserves are mostly unprofitable. More than $3.00, and the economy begins to strain.
As an example of cars being greener than even recent models, I previously was leasing a 2013 Honda Civic LX and just moved on to a 2016 Honda Civic EX. The old Civic had a 140 hp engine, was rated 28/39 for MPG, and emitted 279 grams of CO2 per mile. My 2016 has a 158 hp engine, is rated 31/41 MPG, and emits 258 grams of CO2 per mile. In three years my same car model has had an 8% drop in emissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
That's definitely an interesting geographic distribution. They don't even have any locations in Colorado or the Pacific Northwest, but they have three in western Pennsylvania.

No big deal, though. Diversity in dining is a good thing. Looks like I have a new restaurant to try out next time I'm in Pittsburgh.
I don't think I've ever seen a chain, especially one as small as that have a few restaurants so far away from their other locations.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:30 AM

540 posts, read 868,513 times
Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen a chain, especially one as small as that have a few restaurants so far away from their other locations.
Locations - Primanti Bros. Restaurants

Old 06-28-2016, 09:43 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter_rej View Post
Primanti's does a have somewhat of a national following though and Florida is a place a lot of Pittsburghers visit, but I do dislike their recent expansion across several states they've done recently.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:45 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,532 times
Quote:

I think the story is someone from Hermitage went out west and liked that restaurant and talked them into franchising in western PA. I think my mother knows the family. Heritage and Meadville are real small towns. But that Canonsburg location offers a much larger market.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:41 PM

697 posts, read 778,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post
Is the MBA fraud still CEO?
Yes.
Why Wall Street loves to hate Mylan's CEO Heather Bresch - Fortune

Old 07-05-2016, 11:09 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,532 times
re. Montana Chop House: Hermitage and Meadville, not Heritage. Here's a review that mentions how it got to western PA: http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/oct/1...-flavor/?print
I'm not sure whether they still have a "burger menu" or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh