Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:57 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times

Advertisements

We're Melt fans and would welcome them with open arms to Polish Hill since we still don't have a single restaurant in the neighborhood (smoky bars don't count) despite the gentrification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 02:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
I've heard rumors that there was a deal made between the two because Giant Eagle wants the territory. Again, it is only a rumor.
Rumor is they are both Jewish, so they don't attack each other. There goal is to dominate the grocery market in their areas so they both control all the groceries and price things as they see fit. Sort of like what the banking industry is doing to our government with total domination of the people. Just look at student loan debt. Anyway, I don't think they planned on the popularity of Aldi and Trader Joe's. That is no doubt cutting into their business.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:53 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,599,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Anyway, I don't think they planned on the popularity of Aldi and Trader Joe's. That is no doubt cutting into their business.
Not to mention CostCo, whose grocery selection is surprisingly good if you're willing/able to buy in bulk.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:59 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
No one is a fan of Handel's, in West Mifflin (and another location somewhere around here)???? Good, good stuff...

Old 07-16-2016, 08:45 PM

697 posts, read 778,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Might have to make an ice cream run to the North Hills to give it a try. Can anyone attest if it is worth a tunnel and two rivers for this ice cream?

Am I the only one who thinks Melt looks disgusting? Never had it, but love cheese, and I am even turned off by the looks of some of their food.
There was a Graeters ice cream truck selling cones in front of market district in shadyside last Friday - think it was late afternoon. Not sure if a regular thing or special visit.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:44 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Quote:
Rumor is they are both Jewish, so they don't attack each other. There goal is to dominate the grocery market in their areas so they both control all the groceries and price things as they see fit. Sort of like what the banking industry is doing to our government with total domination of the people. Just look at student loan debt. Anyway, I don't think they planned on the popularity of Aldi and Trader Joe's. That is no doubt cutting into their business.
You know this is anti-semitic, right?

Old 07-17-2016, 07:58 AM

2,269 posts, read 3,803,000 times
Quote:
I believe they have a "gentleman's agreement" not to move into each other's territory.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:25 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
You know this is anti-semitic, right?
No, it's not, really. A lack of consideration for the over-sensitive - THAT it is, but not anti-semitic.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:31 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
No, it's not, really. A lack of consideration for the over-sensitive - THAT it is, but not anti-semitic.
He said that they were Jewish, as if that's a secret handshake. There was no reason to bring up anyone's religion in a discussion of business practices.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:51 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
Correct. There are always people that like to label things, so they get swept under the rug. I am very knowledgable in business in general and know who owns what and what is going on in many areas of business. It is the same thing as saying so and so has a business agreement with another bloke because they belong to the same church, but of course we are talking about Jewish people in this case so BOOM anti-semite!! Just stating factual information if you don't like a fact, then put me on ignore because I post a lot of facts that people don't like.

Anyway, Merge wiped out another thread. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh