Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 11:23 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There were a number of protests of Google being planned across the country, they had no association with nazis, or white supremacists, they were groups that were protesting Google's censorship of Youtube.

Everybody should understand that people were preparing to counter-protest groups that were planning a peaceful rally to fight censorship of the internet, all because the media was falsely reporting that these groups were white nationalists.
Really? You think FlyOver America/Millie Weaver/Infowars have nothing to do with neo-Nazis/white supremacists?

If so, I have a beautiful bridge to sell you...

Old 08-20-2017, 11:39 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Really? You think FlyOver America/Millie Weaver/Infowars have nothing to do with neo-Nazis/white supremacists?

I guess you don't know that Alex Jones, and InfoWars has a long history of speaking out against white supremacy, and in fact there is video of Alex Jones protesting the KKK, and other such hate groups.

The Google protests were about Google's censorship of Youtube, which InfoWars, and many other groups, including some left leaning groups have been talking about for months.

The level of ignorance being displayed here is nothing short of astounding. I love how people who have never watched Alex Jones, or InfoWars, insist they know Alex Jones is a neo-Nazis/white supremacists. Personally, I think Alex Jones can go off the deep end sometimes, but he isn't a white supremacists, and it is a verifiable fact that he routinely speaks out against such hate groups.

I'm sure you won't bother watching this, but there is a great part about living in bubble, it would do you some good to hear this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRQxuQf3MSY

Last edited by stburr91; 08-20-2017 at 12:01 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 11:52 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:

But why would you think that in the first place? Infowars - i have no need for them because I believe they take anything and everything and spin it into a conspiracy. There may be good content, but I would not know.

But I would not assume they are hate group-affiliated. The other two I never even heard of - and since im not a raving lunatic, I'm not going to assume they have snazzy red and black uniforms in a locked room in their basement.

things were so much more pleasant when people just discussing Scientology. they were fun to pick on.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
But why would you think that in the first place? Infowars - i have no need for them because I believe they take anything and everything and spin it into a conspiracy. There may be good content, but I would not know.

But I would not assume they are hate group-affiliated. The other two I never even heard of - and since im not a raving lunatic, I'm not going to assume they have snazzy red and black uniforms in a locked room in their basement.

things were so much more pleasant when people just discussing Scientology. they were fun to pick on.
Yes, assuming to know who some group is, and what their ideology is when you have never watched/listened to them is the epitome of ignorance.

I agree with you that Alex Jones tends to spin things into a conspircy, however, he does break big stories, and can be one of the more accurate news sources (it's really saying something when InfoWars is one of the more accurate news sources).

I was just trying to explain to people that the Google protests are about censorship of the internet, and posters that don't know anything about the people putting together the protests insists it's a white supremacists protest.

I think gg may be right, it's time to close this thread.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:

Don't believe everything you're told. That's how you end up buying that bridge you're trying to sell.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Don't believe everything you're told. That's how you end up buying that bridge you're trying to sell.
Yes, and that poster got that information from the msm, what could be some of the least credible news sources.

You can not like InfoWars, heck, you can not believe anything they report, but equally don't believe everything you see reported from the msm.

As I always say, take everything with a grain of salt.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, and that poster got that information from the msm, what could be some of the least credible news sources.

You can not like InfoWars, heck, you can not believe anything they report, but equally don't believe everything you see reported from the msm.

As I always say, take everything with a grain of salt.
They want to believe it because it fits their narrative.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They want to believe it because it fits their narrative.
Confirmation basis is an easy trap to fall into, and is what many media outlets use to push a false narrative.

One always needs to be cautious of confirmation basis, especially when a piece of news/information is what you want to be true.

Like I said, take everything with a grain of salt.

Ok, we've strayed off topic, and into a political discussion, I will do my best to resists the urge to reply to this thread again.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:51 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
The Youtube censorship issue is extremely worthy of some eyebrow raising and Youtube is owned by Google. Anyone can study it for themselves you don't need to use info wars or anything. It's all out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh