Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 02:49 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
The kkk comparison was showing how each group is so obsessed with skin color that they each make assumptions purely based on race. KKK members see a black persons & automatically make negative baseless assumptions. In this case the mob has 1 single fact: an employee (who was immediately fired & charged) assaulted someone who is black. From that, the conclusion was that the business & owner is racist & must face the consequences of being shut down. Said assumption was made purely based on the race of the owner. Members of both groups are intellectually deficient & blinded by racial obsessions.

Point to any evidence the owner has been motivated by racism, has said anything racist, has a history of doing anything at all that’s racist with some actual factual evidence & I won’t say another word about the matter, hell ill go out there with the protestors for some of my Saturday off. Until then I’ll continue to view them as less then intelligent.
and racist! Figured I would add the obvious.

At the end of the day it is quite clear that this was turned into a race issue by the community and of course the media will want that since they can make more money on racial conflict as we see daily. I don't think I could watch TV for more than an hour without hearing something about race. It is quite an issue here in the US. Heck it spreads over to Sweden and the UK when they had some black kid in a catalog in the UK with the infamous shirt on. I would imagine the people in Sweden were saying "what"? lol Race is huge in our country to the point of insane. I really feel it will continue to get worse because the media wants it to perpetuate things so they can cash in. They are hoping for it to escalate to make the real money. We sure are being played, but there is no turning back now.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
So what your specific demands and/or end goal for the place then?

From an outside perspective it looks nothing more then a bunch of people whipped up into a protest for no other reason than that the customer was African American & the assaulter was not in order to make an accusation of racism towards the owner & with the only goal being harassment until the place has to close.
Exactly, and unfortunately, that’s how it works now.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:26 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
If the business had a relationship with the community the community would have came out and supported the owners.
Why does a business need to have a "relationship" with the community that goes beyond business?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:52 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
The accusations of racism against the Trump family go back to a 1973 lawsuit claiming that Fred and son Donald were discriminating against black people who wanted to rent their apartments. It's a long story but I am sure your Google abilities are as good as mine.

Again, I am not really interested in the debate, given that you and I will not agree on basic facts. All I am saying is that the business really didn't make good PR decisions after the initial incident, and that's on them. If I was operating a pizza parlor in Cranberry I would think twice before alienating Trump supporters (which, by the way, is one of many reasons why I choose not to open a Cranberry pizza parlor...), and likewise if I owned a business in the city of Pittsburgh I would be cautious about aligning myself with the president, especially on the heels of the ****hole controversy.
It’s a pizza shop. People just want food. Here in Cranberry, most nobody cares what anyone’s political or racial views are. Many could learn something from that. I will say though, that we don’t have drunken customers causing trouble in the pizza shops here.

I wouldn’t call it a controversy. Even if he did say it, it’s the truth. However, the truth is highly unpopular these days, and when feelings get hurt, protesters like we’ve recently seen come out of the woodwork to try to ruin something/someone due to misery loving company.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:44 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Why does a business need to have a "relationship" with the community that goes beyond business?
Good business sense??

Old 01-21-2018, 07:51 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
and racist! Figured I would add the obvious.

At the end of the day it is quite clear that this was turned into a race issue by the community and of course the media will want that since they can make more money on racial conflict as we see daily. I don't think I could watch TV for more than an hour without hearing something about race. It is quite an issue here in the US. Heck it spreads over to Sweden and the UK when they had some black kid in a catalog in the UK with the infamous shirt on. I would imagine the people in Sweden were saying "what"? lol Race is huge in our country to the point of insane. I really feel it will continue to get worse because the media wants it to perpetuate things so they can cash in. They are hoping for it to escalate to make the real money. We sure are being played, but there is no turning back now.
European and Latin American countries are racist and hostile to people of color. I have friends from all over the world and there is racism and classism in the UK and elsewhere. The difference is black americans have a louder voice. We have been fighting injustice fir hundreds of years now. Brazil afro brazilian movement is very similar to the black and proud movement of the 70s. Tge largest black population on earth is in the country of Nigeria. The second largest black population is in Brazil. The US black population pales in comparison to Brazil. The amount of offensive advertising and tv shows seen all over the world would never fly in the US. This includes H&M coolest monkey in the jungle sweatshirts.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:32 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Good business sense??
Oh, I'm not disputing that a business might want to have a good relationship with the community wherein it is located.

I'm just opining/suggesting that in an ideal world, such should not be necessary.

In this case, it appears that having a good relation with the community would have been good business sense because the community appears to lack any common sense or sense of propriety.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:34 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
I'm not sure what I hate more, the fact that only one side of the story is ever told, or the reactionary American public who automatically think "victim" because it's a woman
The woman became a "victim" when her head was being dribbled.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:44 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
If I, a white male, was the one in the video having my head being dribbled off the floor, then would I, too, be a "victim", and, if so, would the "community" be protesting for the closure of the pizzeria? Just curious.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:14 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
I don't think this thread is going anywhere constructive, unless we count all the constructive ways of calling each other names and some sort of a silly competition who's the most racist.
Most of the folks here have at least some point, something to be angry over here. At the same time, most seem to be here to vent and rant and not discuss or seek common ground.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh